1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rush Limbaugh's address to conservatives

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by suspenceman, Feb 28, 2009.

1. suspenceman

suspenceman Jerry's kid

121 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've gotta say, not a big fan of Rush, but he speaketh some truth.

Anyone else watching this?

Basically saying how we need to get back to self reliance on the American people, and to stop borrowing money that we dont have.

I find it interesting, being a 21 year old conservative, i realize that i'm a minority for my age, but i'm truly worried about my generation because of the entitlement that they feel the government owes them...financially at least.
  2. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    You will rue the day you started a thread with Rush Limbaugh's name in the title.
  3. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hear you... I'm 20 and I know too many people our age that feel entitled to something for nothing.
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,626 Messages
    542 Likes Received
    One of my favorite bumper stickers says, "Why work when you can just vote Democrat."
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,278 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    how are you insinuate that people may have to work for a living!!!
  6. suspenceman

suspenceman Jerry's kid

121 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haha, i hear you, my dad listens to Rush, but i cant say i'm fascinated with the man he just is speaking some truth right now.

Common VC say something about Obama!!! Must worship the messiah! ....err...i must have been listening to Rush too long lol.

And yes, i think an out stretched hand to Uncle Sam is a bad thing in the long run. I'm just curious as to how low the stock market will go, and if Obama is just trying to run the stock market down by saying how much the future is going to suck.

But hey, at least the Cowboys got Kitna...
  7. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,758 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    What that mean.?.....Alsinksy Rule #12.......

I'd have no problem starting 20 threads with his name prominently in the title.

we have had to listen to the Rathers, Courics and Olbermans of the world for 20 yrs...........

Listen to Rush for 20 days....1/10,000 of the time you listened to Driveby ...:rolleyes:
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    Same here, though the one I read went, "Vote Democrat. It's easier than getting a job."
  9. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Chill man... it was a joke.

I used to listen to Rush when I was in school and didn't have to work during the day. But be careful believing everything he tells you. I can tell you do to an extent by using his lingo.
  10. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    At one point of his speech, I thought I saw him popping some oxycontin.
  11. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  12. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,747 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Why do people really care that much either way what Rush says for the most part?

Rush is a highly intelligent man and he realized long ago that by being controversial and the Party bulldog he could create a fortune that most of us could only dream of.

As much as Rush would like us to believe, I am sure he even says things he does not entirely believe. But in doing so, he gets ratings. Like Obama calling him out weeks ago. Rush probably laughed all the way to the bank as his ratings increased quite a bit.

At the end of the day, Rush is a highly intelligent man who has some great insight when you sift your way through alot of the other garbage he has to say.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Cowboy just shows what liberals really are: intolerant and full of hate.
    They claim to be tolerant but only of what they agree with; they claim to be for free speech but only the speech they agree with or its hate speech; they whine and cry about how the poor are not taken care of but rarely turn down any handouts that come around; they say they care for people but no group spews more hate and garbage then they do.
  14. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,798 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Pretty soon,we'll all be able to pop some oxycontin for free....And we'll probably need it!
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

my whole family pretty much vote democrat.

Everyone of my relatives my age has at least a bachelors degree and a job.

I have 2 lawyers and an Anesthesiologist and many more professions in the family.

Both my grandfathers fought in world war 2. MY dad and all my uncles served in the military and came home and worked their whole life.

No one has ever been given anything and none have never asked.

My mom and dad have volunteered there time for years to different places.

Do you really believe the nonsense people sell you? Do you think your doing a service to the country by having stickers like that which lead to more division and hate?

Or maybe you just serve to drive up the profit margin for the machine that is the conservative talk radio business?

I see bumper stickers like that all the time and just laugh.
  16. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,384 Messages
    576 Likes Received

OKay lets just make this easy. You do not represent all democrats, simple. By giving what your story doesnt change anyones mind nor change the view of democrats. You are not representing them. If 15 democrats are stealing something and you are not, that doesnt mean you represent the whole base of people. Just means people in your family vote democrat, doesnt even mean they have to be democrats.

I really hope you didnt think you represented the whole democratic party. It just not happening.

The bumper sticker is about democrats not you.
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    just as long as you guys dont think you represent the conservative party, or that is so moral and great.

Because, ted haggard, one of the former figureheads says your lying!
  18. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,384 Messages
    576 Likes Received

I dont care about Haggard or what people think of anything, its their opinion NOT YOURS or mine. Again, you are not representing the democratic party, nor would they call on you to represent them, or bail them out, or probably do anything for them. Cept vote and donate. Than either party would sign you up for that. In fact I would start a party and sign you up for votes and donates, but thats not going to happen and you do not have to defend them, in fact they called me up to tell you personally not to defend them, they just lost 15 votes, stop defending.
  19. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Now wait a minute here...

I'm a conservative and I never held ANY respect for Ted Haggard... he is what he is and it wasn't hard to figure out...

Throwing that **** out is like me throwing out Gerry Studds to you guys... only he is revered...

Why do the very ones they cry foul from being stereotyped, somehow excuse themselves doing the same?

You're as morally reprehensible as the one's you denounce...
  20. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Limbaugh is an idiot and a hypocrite. Where was he when Bush and the GOP congress went on their spending spree and drove the economy into a ditch. I am not a democrat but if Rush is leading the Republican party right now that is pathetic. Too many people confuse his simpleton BS with "news" instead of what it is, opinion.