1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Russell Wilson is Amazing

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Teague31, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,293 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    Threw for a whopping 103 yards yet his defense and running game showed up and the team won. He is now a "clutch postseason QB" I suppose.
    Wheeltax and Mookie like this.
  2. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,780 Messages
    1,199 Likes Received
    I like him.
    NJ22 likes this.
  3. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,385 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    He aight
    jobberone likes this.
  4. unsportsmanlikeconduct

unsportsmanlikeconduct Active Member

358 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I get your sarcasm
  5. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,925 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    How many INTs did he throw? Romo had a 100 yard passing game and everyone said it wasn't his fault because he didn't throw any INTs.
  6. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,402 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    When?

If it's the Chicago game, he was getting his fair share of blame. I think the consensus is that Peyton Manning himself couldn't have won with that defense. He also threw three TDs that game.
  7. JoeyBoy718

3,925 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    I found it. The Bears game. He threw 104 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. All the apologists said it wasn't his fault. I didn't understand how a guy who only throws for 104 yards when his team is done by multiple TDs isn't to blame. But the apologists said he wasn't. At least Wilson didn't need to throw for a million yards.
  8. JoeyBoy718

3,925 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    Bears.

I found it. The Bears game. He threw 104 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. All the apologists said it wasn't his fault. I didn't understand how a guy who only throws for 104 yards when his team is done by multiple TDs isn't to blame. But the apologists said he wasn't. At least Wilson didn't need to throw for a million yards.
  9. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,198 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    What we saw today in Seattle today was a team that doesn't have to be carried by the QB. I hope we can develop a team like that in the next couple of years.
  10. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

887 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    I'd love a QB like Wilson in Dallas
  11. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,156 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Sarcasm and Romo-promoting-agenda aside, he really IS a pretty damn good young QB.
  12. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    I like him.

He made some nice plays to keep drives going.

Likely the steal of his draft.
  13. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Active Member

205 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Why? Honestly curious.
  14. JoeyBoy718

3,925 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    It sounds like you're setting him up for a "yeah, but Romo can do this" response.
  15. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

887 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    His attitude and leadership. Doesn't make many mistakes and he wins.
  16. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,477 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    Romo got blasted for that game, and rightfully so, though to be fair that whole game wasn't on him. You're talking about 1-2 people, meanwhile for the most part the majority thought Romo played a bad game against the bears. Don't get it twisted though, the defense played just as bad as Romo if not worst. What you saw today was an actual TEAM picking up it's QB's poor play, something that doesn't happen often in Dallas.
  17. JoeyBoy718

3,925 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    Yep, definitely attitude and leadership. I don't know if the league is shifting toward a read-option/mobile QB league, but Wilson is probably the best mix of pure pocket passer and shifty mobile QB I've seen in a while. He uses his legs to buy time to find an open receiver. He isn't a run-first QB. He's a great bus driver (which I don't understand why that's an insult) and a capable play maker. Not to mention, he just has that "it" factor.
  18. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,199 Messages
    1,927 Likes Received
    It was Wilson's fourth game this year with a rating in the 60's or worse.

He's 3-1.
    Afigueroa22 and da_whiz_kid like this.
  19. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

637 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    And you would be enjoying some high draft picks. Wilson is from my town and he's a great guy. But put him in Dallas with Garret's system and this defense, he is run out of the league. Today showed his limitations. He can make plays, but needs a great defense, running game and play-action based offense.
  20. JoeyBoy718

3,925 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    I agree that this team never bails out Romo, but I don't think Wilson had a horrible game today. He wasn't perfect but I saw him make a lot of excellent plays. Not to mention, those conditions were horrible today. I think Brees had 34 first half passing yards. Do you think Brees is really that bad? My point is, I don't think Wilson had a horrible game.