1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Russell Wilson is Amazing

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Teague31, Jan 11, 2014.

1. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    Exactly. Why would you want a QB who just doesn't lose much? Why would you want a guy that regardless of gaudy numbers or not, he doesn't make costly mistakes, is the vocal leader of his team, does everything right on and off the field, and hardly ever loses? Say what you want, HIS team is in the NFC Championship team.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  2. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    I like Wilson, too. But he wouldn't succeed in Dallas. Wilson gets to be somewhat of a game manager in Seattle. He isn't asked to repeatedly mask the flaws of an entire team and go out there and actually win the game week in, week out.

His career would look a lot different if he was in Dallas and not Seattle.
    Bill Wooten likes this.
  3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    Where is the sarcastic "Andrew Luck is amazing" thread? Just gave the Patriots the win with his 4 INTs.
  4. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    His coach called a great game he barely had to pass at all. Should he have thrown every play like we did against Green bay when up by 23? When he needed it he got it.
  5. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,332 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    I think Wilson becomes a top three QB
    Gaede likes this.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    You're probably right.
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,098 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    That pass at the end WAS "Clutch".
  8. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    He is definitely one of the best young QBs. Besides all of his physical abilities, he is a leader.

When it's time to get a new QB, I want a guy like Wilson. Young, aggressive and confident. I don't see the type of go-for-broke attitude on our team at all--especially from the QB position. Two guys on our team carry the natural confidence and playmaking ability of Wilson--Bryant and Harris.
  9. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,152 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    So if we got a young, leader of a QB all of our problems would be solved!? Lets get a new QB then!!!!
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    No, obviously. Wilson has a great, well coached team that has been built with a very particular philosophy in mind. And they have a significant advantage with their home field. What edge do the Cowboys have vs. anybody?

But all of that doesn't discount that Wilson is very talented and a leader of that team. If you plug Matt Flynn in there, they are not nearly as successful
  11. johnson2

johnson2 Active Member

140 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Wilson is very solid qb but when your defense only allows a def qb rating of 63 on the entire season (as opposed to 96) you could almost put any qb in there and be guaranteed a playoff appearance.
    NIBGoldenchild and DFWJC like this.
  12. romomania

romomania Active Member

559 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Consider the weather conditions yesterday and the lack of playmakers at WR and TE. Percy Harvin trade looked good on paper but didn't work out. He is a very good QB
  13. ckalch

ckalch Active Member

139 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Only a leader as good as Russell Wilson could have thrown for those 103 yards.
  14. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,853 Messages
    4,417 Likes Received
    LOL.
  15. jobberone

38,853 Messages
    4,417 Likes Received
    I agree. But I do like this kid. Plays touch and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Of course part of that is he isn't having to do as much. I like his ability to run and his passing ain't bad but he's not accurate enough for a vertical offense.
  16. jobberone

38,853 Messages
    4,417 Likes Received
    Let's not push the envelope yet.
    FanSince61 and dstovall5 like this.
  17. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received

Just goes to show you that teams that run the ball and play good defense are the teams winning Championships. Throwing the ball 40 times a game doesn't usually win you playoff games.
  18. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Not many QBs can put up numbers in those conditions. Brees didn't really do much either until they were down and forced to take shots downfield. The Seahawks offense is built for cold weather, we shouldn't punish the QB because of that. He also happened to throw for 385 yards, 2 TDs and ran for 1 TD against Atlanta in the playoffs last year indoors *Shrugs*
  19. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,748 Messages
    1,766 Likes Received
    Easy to put any QB in this category when you have a great defense, and you are winning. Winning makes everyone look better.
    But I do agree with you, great attitude, low on mistakes. I like him as a QB, really will have a very good career, so it seems.
    If he had to carry the team, then would be interesting to see how he does.
  20. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,269 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    If Seattle was down who is to say he would not have passed for more yards.

He made 3rd down conversions by passing when he needed to. That is clutch.

A lot of Qb rack up passing yards on 1st downs due to the team calling a high percentage of pass plays and due to the defense being in formation designed to look for the run there.

Clutch is converting 3rd downs when the other teams know u r going to pass.