1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Russell Wilson - the new face of the NFL?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 20, 2014.

?

Russell Wilson - a new face of the NFL?

Yes 7 vote(s) 12.5%
No 49 vote(s) 87.5%
  1. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,571 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    I still think Luck is the future of this league. He's only getting better.
  2. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,559 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    He's more top tier than our QB!!!
  3. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,533 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    I would have to say Peyton would be then. I don't think anyone could hate Peyton.
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    If Tony Keapernick can do it, Russell Wilson can too!
  5. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,420 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    yep and the AFC is going to be wide-open...Peyton retiring soon and so is Brady, not to mention he plays in one of the worst divisions in football he will get plenty of chances to reach to top.
  6. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,683 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    Seattle fans are front runners, the stadium was damn neare empty for years,. It was like going to a Chargers game in the 80's, you could get 50 yard line seats 5 minites before a game. I get it though, they're winning now so everyone has been their fan acne they were 3yo
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,294 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter what type of QB he is right now. The kid is in his 2nd season in the league and 1 win away from winning the Super Bowl....that's impressive no matter what kind of numbers he's putting up in whatever offensive system. He's essentially doing the same thing Tom Brady did early on as a starter

Averages through their first four career playoff games:
    Russell Wilson - 60% completion , 222.5 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT
    Tom Brady - 58.6% completion, 193.25 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

Win a Super Bowl that early on in your career and the sky's the limit for you. Keep in mind that his top WRs have been Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and Sidney Rice...not exactly among the best at their position.
    perrykemp likes this.
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,294 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Whoops my bad, the TD numbers are totals, not averages. Averaging 4 TDs in four games...now that would be something special lol
    jobberone likes this.
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    No doubt Wilson rides his defense. But he is bound to make a big play once or twice a game! I guess he's a flash in the pan type player right now.
  10. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

795 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    I really liked Wilson when he was at Wisky, but never thought any team would give him a real shot as a starting QB especially as a rookie. You gotta admit it was a bold move to decide to start him over their big money FA acquisition in Flynn, don't know how many organizations would have made that move, but it's really worked out.

I kinda see some similarities between Wilson and Big Ben, not in size or style of play, obviously, but in situation. Just like in Ben's first couple seasons, the talent was obvious but he wasn't expected to carry the team. Both teams relied on a great defense, strong running game and neither had any real threat at WR, but they expected the QB to make good decisions and protect the ball. I think Wilson is ahead of Ben at that regard at this point in his career, I think he's smarter and better at making quick decisions. He's really in a great spot, he's getting valuable experience first hand without having to be "The Man" and if/when Seattle can add a stud WR, he'll be in a perfect spot to take full advantage and show off some of that potential.
    jay cee and jobberone like this.
  11. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,026 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    Somebody has a new crush
    jobberone likes this.
  12. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,979 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,999 Messages
    5,037 Likes Received
    Give Luck the defense Seattle has and look out.
    jobberone likes this.
  14. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,146 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    doesnt need to take many chances when you have the #1 defense and #1 running game. He has averaged 150 pass yards over the last month. But when your qb is asked to carry the whole team , he is bound to have a lesser rating. If you think the seahawks won the last two playoff games because of Wilson , you absolutely have zero football IQ
    jobberone likes this.
  15. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,146 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    HE will be a back up in two years just like vick and rg3....once he hurts his legs running. Dude cant pass very well.
    Achilleslastand likes this.
  16. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,355 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    O nonsense.....

He has a way better defense as well as an offense that is molded around his bus driver/joey potatoes skillset. Put him on a lesser team and his flaws would stick out like a sore thumb.
    jobberone likes this.
  17. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,896 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    He is a super average quarterback right now.
    jobberone likes this.
  18. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Exactly why Peyton has been one of the faces of the NFL and has been for the last decade or so haha. Brees, Brady, Manning will all be gone within the next 3 years or so, Rodgers likely within 5, Adrian Peterson who knows since he is a running back and Calvin Johnson may be able to hang on for another 7. Outside of that there aren't very many marquee players in the NFL on that scale.
  19. BruceCarter54

BruceCarter54 Member

56 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Of course he doesn't get 20 completions a game when he doesn't throw 20 passes...He's been amazing this year look at his qb rating
  20. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,559 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    If he's a bus driver what the heck does that make Tony, a cabbie??? His numbers just as good, and that's without the rushing or the leadership!!!