1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Russell Wilson - the new face of the NFL?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 20, 2014.

?

Russell Wilson - a new face of the NFL?

Yes 7 vote(s) 12.5%
No 49 vote(s) 87.5%
  1. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,300 Messages
    2,721 Likes Received
    Lonestar94 likes this.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,300 Messages
    2,721 Likes Received
    He's not a bus driver but he's nothing more than somewhere between average and good at being a passer. Is he another Steve Young? No not yet anyway? I've always liked a passer who can run and will....some. Eventually these guys get hurt if they do that too much. I like the guy but he's no Tony Romo.

If Seattle can get to Manning or he turns the ball over too much then Seattle wins. If not then Manning will beat them. Right now Seattle looks like the Ravens of old with their QB of old. They have a good shot but their game does not ride on the shoulders of Wilson.
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,035 Messages
    441 Likes Received

Agreed.

Plus Peyton is rep'ing the nfl ala Michael Jordan.

MJ went on to dominate the nba world after retirement. Manning will too.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    I guess a 100+ QB rating in consecutive years constitutes "not passing well".

Despite that, your probably right -- has production is clearly due to the the awesome groups of WRs they have up their Seattle.
  5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Give me a zero then. They don't win without that 4th down conversion for a TD which was a big time throw. The guy did his part when he had to and it was essential for the ultimate outcome of the game, although I hear what you're saying that they definitely don't win without that defense.
  6. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Didn't rg3 lead the league is passer rating last year ? LOL !!!!

Watch Wilson play , in the pocket he is uncomfortable and can't pass very well . Like I said once he gets injured running around he is very average . Running qbs don't last .never have never will. I remember when Mcnabb , culpepper , Vick were all hot running around everyone was saying it's the new era coughs **

I would hate to have Russell Wilson as the qb of my cowboys . We would be 2-14 with our defense .
    Achilleslastand likes this.
  7. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

1,666 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    In his last 6 games he's topped 200 yards 2x. 5 tds. 3 ints.

That's pitiful.
  8. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Haha not even a TD a game pathetic .

9. BruceCarter54

BruceCarter54 Member

52 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    he's averages like 15 attempts per game how is that so difficult for people too understand....obviously his stats are not going too look anything like any passing teams QB
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,512 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
  11. casmith07

26,512 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    To answer your question, R2A, no, of course not, he's Black.
  12. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Oh please.
  13. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    That's likely a positive from the NFLs' POV.
  14. Cowboy Brian

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    With that dominating victory I would be absolutely shocked if Wilson is not portrayed in media and advertisements as the new face of the NFL.
  15. casmith07

26,512 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    Remember where you are. I agree with you, and was being sarcastic above. Ask this question somewhere else and you'll get different answers.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,821 Messages
    1,606 Likes Received
    I really like Wilson. Always have.
    But when you average 15 attempts per game agaist defenses hell bent on stopping the run, those 100 qb ratings become much easier to obtain.

I think you'll see that guys like Alex Smith can have higher QB ratings for the same reasons.

At least Wilson does deliver sometimes in the limited times he is asked to do so. He deserves a ton of credit.
    BruceCarter54 likes this.
  17. BruceCarter54

BruceCarter54 Member

52 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Well said, ya the QB rating can definitely be misleading in certain situations like u said.......just a lot of folks on here were talking like the guys is trash, which too me is crazy.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,865 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Guys like Alex Smith have high QB ratings because they don't turn the ball over and complete a good percentage of their passes. Well, at least Smith did the year his QB rating was really high.

Wilson is a very good QB. People can harp on his numbers all they want but he's put up good stats considering he doesn't throw all that much. In fact, if you put his attempts on par with Romo, Wilson's numbers would impress the hell out of anyone. Would it be a direct extrapolation in real life? Probably not, but the point remains that his efficiency is damn high and his production is very good considering his passing volume.

Lets not forget, he just barely turned 25 so he has plenty of room to grow as a passer. Hell, you put a legitimate #1 WR on his team who's playing every week and his numbers would probably jump from that alone.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,821 Messages
    1,606 Likes Received
    Seattle really stole him in the 3rd round...no doubt.

Then when we see that Washington gave up THREE (mostly very high) 1st round picks plus a 2nd for RG3 the heist looks even greater.
  20. Cowboy Brian

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    The pick of Wilson was graded as an F/D by a ton of draftniks haha. Nearly ridiculous as Brady free-falling from the third round to the sixth.