1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Russia cranks up the dial once again...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The U.S. should have tracked it and shot it down, just cuz we can. Now that would be some WORLD comedy.

Dimitri
    "We hate the west...here is our awesome PWNAGE nuke missile. You must fear us and beware."

"General - fire the missile"

"Da"

*screaming loud missile noise"

*60 seconds pass*

*loud explosion - followed by a large red/white/blue fireworks display that reads "GWB WAS HERE ~2008*

:laugh2:

Shut up Canada!
  3. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would have been a nice coup, and I'll be the entire world would have applauded (even China is getting pissed at Russia, and that's saying something!). But, we would have fired over Russian airspace, as well as not having interceptors in the vacinity. But damn that woulda been shweet.

But also keep in mind that this Topol missile was specifically designed to evade our missile defense system. Dunno how effective it would have been, but in truth I don't know how effective our interceptors would be when it's "for real".
  4. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,039 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    China is pissed for obviously biased reasons.

Not sure that counts.
  5. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In my mind it counts that 1+ billion nuclear armed folks aren't taking Russia's side, sly motives or not. Sure, they have Tibet, etc and don't want to appear to support break-away regions. We only have 140 million nuclear armed folks to deal with. If that helps anybody sleep better at night, I suppose. :eek::
  6. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,039 Messages
    731 Likes Received

The point was that: Tibet, Taiwan, and that other region in western China (forget the name)...

But China also wouldn't back Russia in a war against us. (For the record, no such war will occur IMO). China's market is so intertwined with ours, that if one fails; the other would too. We need one another.
  7. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,039 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    Xinjiang? Don't quote me on that, though... I can't remember exactly.