1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Russian Analyst Predicts Decline And Breakup Of Usa

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Route 66, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    RUSSIAN ANALYST PREDICTS DECLINE AND BREAKUP OF USA
    Tue Nov 25 2008 09:04:22 ET

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

Developing...
  2. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Personally, I think we have more resolve in this country than what is forecast. I do see some good points but I also see he's wrong in areas as well.
  3. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So a Russian, whose government has been openly critical of the United States for an entire range of things is predicting the downfall of the United States and in this very article says that his country, along with another will fill the power vaccum?

Stop the presses!

The United States is not going to divide into smaller countries.

Just like all the great powers in the history of the world, the United States' power will wane and we will have less and less influence throughout the world.

This is going to happen, but it happens to all great powers.

However, because of our greed, deteriorating schools, out of control spending and no accountability, we are definately accelerating this decline.

As I stated before, the MOST dangerous factors that will contribute to our decline is our Public Schools and the out of control spending by our Government.

We need to formulate a policy to gradually exit the World Stage and stop Policing the entire world.

We need to bring all of our equipment and soldiers home, reduce our Military size but CONTINUE to pour money into Military R&D so we can maintain a Technological edge in the event we do need to flex our muscle.

I am for a STRONG national defense, but I am not for Policing the entire World when you have to BORROW from countries like China and Saudia Arabia to do it.

We also need to get rid of all these ENTITLEMENT programs that do not work. They need to either be reformed or totally scrapped.

Unfortunately, greed has made it virtually impossible for the Government to control its spending

The last nail in our coffin will be when foreign countries decide to stop letting us borrow money.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    we can have all the resolve in the world but w/o a financial system, what then? i've watched my market funds lose all their gains from the last 6 years of savings in a month. if we can't pay off this money, what then?

if obama wants to spend spend spend, then what? i've said it before and i'll say it again, raise my taxes but put it to debt and base issues, not expansion.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Well maikeru who started all the entitlements: your pals the libs. And they have been lately aided and abetted by so called republicans.
    You are truly dreaming if you think anything will get done about entitlements.
  6. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Interesting that this russian shyster mouthpiece for Putin said this 10 years ago. He ought to be looking at the problems in his own country: an increasingly restrictive government clearly lurching towards dictatorship; a mafia pretty much out of control; and their one cash cow, oil at half the price it was in July. Add to that the idiots have starved the infrastructure investment in the oil industry and elsewhere to the point where oil production is FALLING and will continue to fall.
  7. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I stated resolve with the sense that this country won't collapse. We aren't going to have a financial downfall and have this country split into racial regions.
  8. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm waiting for Canada to break up. But I don't see that happening anytime soon with their free health care and what have you.
  9. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    When I was at Fort Drum I noticed how many canadian license plates I kept seeing outside the Watertown Hospital and at clinics all over the city.
    Wonder why they were there if their health care was so great.
    One stat I do remember: the State of Minnesota had more facilities for neo natal critical care then the entire Canadian Health System.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    There is no way on this earth that the United States are going to "break up." The Civil War was in the 1860's. There are no divides like that any more. The closest thing would be college football rivalries.

Ridiculous.
  11. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    lol :D
  12. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could give you stats showing that the approval ratings for their healthcare system is astronomically higher than ours, but I'll save that for another thread instead of hijacking this one.
  13. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Well Miles I guess that people actually going to clinics outside Canada kind of trumps what they might tell someone polling them over a phone.
  14. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, I wouldn't mind dumping California and Massachusetts, if you know what I mean.
  15. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am going to create the "Office of the President Elect of the Republic of Texas" so that when I am elected after the break up of the country I can point to the extraordinary measure I went to during the collapse.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    I have not figured out if we will be speaking arabic or russian in a few years.

I think I have been told that by a few people every time something happens.

I guess I will sit back and wait, I don't feel like learning either language so maybe I will just be a late starter when it happens.

/sarcasm off
  17. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,272 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Not going to happen, Russia is hoping that we fall down, even with our weakend economy we are still much stronger financially than they are. This is going to hurt for a couple years but we will get through it and we will be much stronger because of it.

Government just needs to quit spending like crazy and people need to quit expecting handouts.
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    rusabic?
  19. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,045 Messages
    3,281 Likes Received
    I was thiking arssia...it sounds exotic and it makes the naughty sensors in my brain tingle.
  20. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,809 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Klingon or Tolkien Elvish .....