1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ryan Broyles pro day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NickZepp, Apr 12, 2012.

1. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,678 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Just had his pro day. 5-10 188 lbs

32.5 inch vertical, 40 time 4.59

Not bad considering he just came off a bad knee injury.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    Sorry, this thread was locked by accident.
  3. NickZepp

2,678 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    2nd 40 time was 4.57. I understand how it got locked, because I posted it on another thread instead of remembering this forum.

This is about 6 months after the injury. My guess is he'll be about a 4.45-4.5 guy at full strength, although when that is could be a year from now or a couple years from now. But still to compare him to another. Kendall Wright is a 2nd round pick right now and ran a 4.61 40.
  4. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
  5. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,680 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    were dallas scouts there?
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I still think he's going to be a 3rd round pick. Scouts may not love him, but that's a guy coaches want on their team and in their lockerroom.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    12 NFL teams were reportedly there, but I'm not sure the Cowboys were. I would assume so since it's a short drive from Dallas and they've already shown interest.
  8. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Agreed.

He's a guy who should be picked high, though fans somehow think he won't be, and when he does get picked high, fans get pissed off
  9. NickZepp

2,678 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    According to twitter, nope

https://twitter.com/#!/GuerinEmig
    Reps from Pats, Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos, Colts, Panthers, Eagles, Titans, Bills, Giants and Falcons at Ryan Broyles' OU pro day

Of course this isn't official other than being someone that was there watching it.
  10. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Don't we already have a guy just like him... Dwayne Harris. And didn't we already draft a small, slow OU receiver who was productive in college? Munuel Johnson???? No thanks.

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    There is little to no comparison between the 3 outside of skin color and for one of them their school of choice.

Broyles is a refined proven receiver who's production puts the other two to shame. If not for the injury Broyles could very well find himself being pegged at the end of round 1, early part of round 2 at this point.
  12. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ooooooooooo

Best x's & o's discussion I've had in awhile ...

... not exactly sure what you meant, cowboysooner, but I like Ryan Broyles.
  13. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Only reason I would worry about this pick is we really need someone to return punts immediately with a pick like this (really don't like how Harris looks back there so far), and I wonder if thats something he would be ready to do on that knee yet.

Really don't know if we need another redshirt player like Carter, but it should make him fall alot and since we love to pick injured players, he should be on our radar I guess.
  14. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Someone had a mock of the boys taking him in the 3rd and then taking Chris Rainey later in the draft which would satisfy your criteria. Rainey has the talent to be much better but the head to be a barista (think Desean Jackson size and a ego to match). He is a better returner and WR(maybe not better but at least the same and quicker) than Broyles but we would have to catch a break with his attitude.
    I personally like T.Y Hilton better because of his speed and discounted Broyles because of his injury which takes a year to fully heal and not think about your cuts on your routes.
  15. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm kinda scared of him for this year, and I figure we might start hearing redshirt again if we draft him. I'm not against that, but it also means that we have to look for someone else to fill that role along with slot cause its really not on this team right now.

Of course we could pick up a CB with that return ability, so you know how things will turn out.
  16. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    If you just want a fast midget KR guy, you can get Travis Benjamin in the 6th o 7th round. There are Yamon Figurs in every draft.
  17. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Harris and Broyles had very similar success in college. Especially in their Jr. Sr. years. I don't know... It just seems like these small slow WRs come onto our roster year after year and fade into nothingness.

I'm just not down with many 5'10 receivers who run a 4.6 unless his name is Wylie. My god, that guy is unbelievable good... There is a highlight reel of Wylie on youtube and he just makes DBs look stupid. I was laughing at guys trying to catch him. One of the quickest guys I've ever seen.

Wylie over Broyles for me any day....

1. DL Fletcher Cox
    2. OG Kevin Zeitler
    3. LB Bruce Irvin
    4. WR Devon Wylie
    4. DE Derek Wolfe

18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received

Im not a Broyles fan but the guy has got some game as a #3 guy.

Plus he just seems like a fit with our offense and I like that he comes from a big school where he had to help carry a passing game.
  19. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I would have to disagree, The NCAA's all-time leading receiver in Broyles is a much more refined WR then Harris was.
  20. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right. That's just the way it is. And I like Dwayne Harris ... he's got some skills. It's just that Ryan Broyles has shown he has more skills, IMO ... he's "a more refined WR ...", as SDogo put it. No knock on DH to say that, I don't believe.