1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ryan Leaf: Threatens drug treatment staffer, goes to jail.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by M'Kevon, Jan 17, 2013.

1. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,222 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    “The Montana Department of Corrections terminated Leaf from the treatment program and placed him in prison after he was found guilty of behavior that violated conditions of his drug treatment placement,” a Montana probation and parole administrator said in a statement. “The violations included threatening a program staff member.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...son-after-threatening-drug-treatment-staffer/

All I can think of is that film of him going after a San Diego reporter his rookie year. Too bad, so sad, you totally deserve this.
  2. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,089 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Somewhere, Peyton Manning is smiling.
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude will be dead before long

What a bust so much talent with a 10cent head
  4. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
  5. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    sad.... hate to hear stuff like that
  6. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I didn't realize he was the #2 overall pick in the draft! :eek: That mugshot picture is scary! What a waste!
  7. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,174 Messages
    3,159 Likes Received
    You just hate to see people slip so far. Here's hoping he gets clean in prison.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,213 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    Looks like he's already there.
  9. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,555 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    i know. if he hadn't been a you-know-what, he might have done better & not been one of the biggest busts in NFL history.
  10. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has had issue with oxycontin which must likely started when he injured his wrist in the NFL.

He was busted for breaking into one of the players apartment and stealing it and caught with more tablets here not long ago.
  11. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,652 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Believe it or not, my friend, there was a time when the question "Should Indianapolis draft Manning or Leaf with their #1 pick?" inspired some genuine debate.
  12. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

932 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Good to know he's matured since being the idiot he was in the NFL. *rolls eyes*
  13. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,995 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    This guy has completely fallen off. Kinda sad tbh.
  14. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,995 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    LOL at your sig
  15. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,684 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    I know it isn't even being thought of because it rarely happens (that we know of), but I wonder if this should be an issue. Everybody is talking about how the nature of the NFL is causing players to play with concussions and eventually leading to serious problems, ala Seau.

Anyway, I've unfortunately grown up around drug abuse, and I've seen injuries leading to dependency far too many times in my life. Of course no one I've known played in the NFL, but I've seen too many family members who've injured themselves at a blue-collar job (improper lifting) become hooked on the meds the doctor prescribed them.

I know that Favre dealt with some addiction issues after going on pain killers. Of course he didn't slip the way Leaf did. He was more just a idiot for other reasons. But I'd be surprised if many NFL players haven't become addicted to narcotic pain pills.