1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ryan Tannehill to the Cowboys in 1st round...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by newlander, Feb 27, 2012.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    per Pro Football Weekly....I heard the guy myself on the radio this morning in Michigan: problem is, I looked on their web site and couldn't find any mocks to confirm this idiotic projection. Probably doesn't matter, there is no WAY even Jerrah is dumb enough to do that.....most everyone in here says PFW sucks anyway. This guy also said they have Kirk Cousins (QB) going 26th to Houston: which also makes NO sense IMO.

Back to reality: did you guys see LUke Kuechly today? BC linebacker looking studly: 4.5 40 time and 38" on is vertical jump: I saw him tear ND a new one last season, they simply couldn't block him: I think he'd be a great pairing with Lee BUT....our oline and dline are so bad....just don't see it happening: thoughts?
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,000 Messages
    136 Likes Received
  3. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    PFW is Florio's rag right? Lil' dude is CLUELESS. At least Kiper and others make some decent common sense with their projections......
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,964 Messages
    3,178 Likes Received
    Pro Football Weekly

Florio is Pro Football Talk.
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2nd round could happen first round not going to happen
  6. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    PFW, when Joel Buschbaum was there, was one of the leading draft rags anywhere.. and now this.

What's happened here is that someone on PFW rated Tannehill a mid first rounder, and found no team to draft him where they expect him to be valued.

So what they do is this little bit of inane drek.

"Though the New Jersey Jackals have no need for a sword swallowing
    defensive end, Such N. Such is too good a deal to pass up."

It keeps their mocks consistent with their talent evaluation and so people don't suffer any icky "draft fall" problems.

That it reduces the mock itself to an exercise in stupidity isn't an issue, since this type of fella will wait until the rumor mill strikes just before the draft and correct his early projections.

:banghead:

D-
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,964 Messages
    3,178 Likes Received
    QBs always go higher than they should. I have no doubt he could go in the first round...just not that high.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,990 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    I think there is a good chance he goes top 15. You are over looking the fact that a lot of teams have to sell a fan base hope. Nothing does that like a first round QB, whether they should be or not.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,169 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    No thank you. We've had enough experience with A&M QB's.

I would take him as a WR though. He was better then that then he is a QB. He reminded me a lot of Jordy Nelson back then.
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't understand the meteoric rise Tannehill is experiencing. Yes, he has good size and mobility but he throws a very poor deep ball and throws too many picks. If someone picks him in the first round they will be dissapointed I fear.

Great guy though and woud love to be wrong, but personally I think he's nothing more than a slight improvement over Stephen McGee at this level.
  11. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,169 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Agreed. Like I stated above I think he would be a better WR in the league then QB, what did you think?
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,821 Messages
    2,180 Likes Received
    lol if we draft Tannehill in the first round I will quit this team.
  13. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,764 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Love the NJ Jackals reference. :)
  14. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,779 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I love it when Dallas had a trade down opportunity where the other team needs a QB. Teams are willing to pay a steep price to trade up for a QB so it would be nice for Dallas to have that option this year.
  15. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,623 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    If Dallas drafts Tannehill that high and Washington manages to nab RG3 the Cowboys will start a 10 game losing streak against them.
  16. Brian_C82

Brian_C82 Member

466 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take Nick Foles in rounds 3-4. :cool:
  17. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......IS 100% DEAD ON....and I'm a CUBS fan for god sakes....it takes ALOT for me to quit my team but.....yeah, this would do it. Thanks for setting me straight on the PFW vs. PFT difference boys:cool:
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think drafting him in third third round or so and using him as a "slash" type player who plays receiver and throws trick play passes would be a sound investment. I definitely think he can be a productive player, just not as a full-time QB.
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,990 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Goose just said on Norms show he goes top 10, maybe as high as number 6.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,223 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    5k right now says no chance the Boys take this guy in the 1st.

No chance

Just sayin