1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

S Kenny Vaccaro Working Out w/ Cowboys on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by IAmLegend, Mar 18, 2013.

1. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,698 Messages
    798 Likes Received
    would love for Vaccaro to be a cowboy, great safety at Texas
  2. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,128 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Never really heard about Vaccaro until he was brought up in here. Is he that good or is it Longhorn Homerism. Just asking.
  3. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    You obviously like to hang out under rocks during draft time? That's my only explanation for you not hearing of Vaccaro before.
  4. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

285 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Vaccaro will be our pick in the first round, you'll see...
  5. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,128 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Ummm no. I was asking a serious question with no agenda. How does he compare to Barron. Who I knew about before draft time last year.
  6. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

285 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    I think he can play as good as Barron...
  7. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,215 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I would love em to. If is there at 18 and Wamack and Cooper aren't, then lets get him baby.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    I prefer oiline or dline in the 1st, but when you think of a secondary with Carr, Claiborne, Vaccaro, and Church, you can't help but smile.
  9. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,215 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on OL, but if those two Olinemen I previously mentioned aren't there I'd take the kid from Texas. Try to get Barrett Jones in the 2nd round or something.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I like Vaccaro... I'll take him at 18
  11. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    596 Likes Received

Any errant passes should be picked off this year then with this secondary if that is the case. I am tired of horrible passes not get picked off. When I watch a team other than the cowboys, those passes seem to result in INT.
  12. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

750 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Completely different players. Barron is a thumper.. A run stopper.. A big hitter.. Can't cover, can't play the ball, and doesn't have much range. Vaccaro isn't the big hitter that Barron is but is a sure tackler with range and he can cover. I honestly like Vaccaro better for a modern NFL safety.. Guys who can't cover will be phased out.
  13. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,150 Messages
    1,366 Likes Received
    You lost me at Church. I see Barry Church as maybe a guy who can play strong side linebacker on some downs. He does not have the range to be a safety in a Tampa 2. It's a position that calls for a large range of coverage ability.
  14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,050 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    "Uh oh" means....like "Uh Oh we're about to be a problem...".
  15. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    I watched a lot of highlights of Vaccaro on YouTube and wouldn't mind him being picked. I have my doubts because I would much rather they address the OL or DL with their 1st round pick.

I must admit: Vaccaro and Church (if he can return to form from injury) could help give us the best secondary in the league to go with Mo and Carr. But we still have to address OL to protect Romo and open holes for Murray; or we have to be able to stop the run and allow Lee and Carter make plays.

I guess we will see what they do.
  16. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He's actually a good player, Texas homerism aside. If you watch the game against Tech, you can see he may take a bit of time to adjust to the NFL though. JMO.
  17. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    He is generally accepted as the best safety in this class. He has good range and plays the ball well in the air. He is a quick reacting safety, once he diagnosis the play he is gone and to the ball. He is always around the ball and IS a big hitter IMO. He tries to lay his shoulder into people too often. Its very frustrating to watch because he is a sound tackler at times. He played in the slot all year for Texas in nickle situations.

IMO he would be a great selection for the cowboys at 18. Some will argue that we will be stuck with two SS in Church and Vaccaro. I think he has the range to play in the tampa 2. He very well could be the top player on the board when we pick.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,529 Messages
    1,795 Likes Received
    John Lynch.

If you have a guy with less range, you just put him on the short side, giving the more rangy guy a lot more room.

Or, you simply move him down and play single high or cover 3. Just because cover 2 will be our base doesn't mean we are going to use it on every single play I woudln't think.
  19. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,117 Messages
    6,898 Likes Received
  20. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,215 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    This is incorrect. Barron was a much higher rated safety for a reason. He had 12 career interceptions and 22 passes broken with Alabama. He also could thump with 13 TFL, and 5 sacks over his career. Vaccaro has 5 interceptions, 20 passes broken, 13 TFL, and 2 sacks in his career with Texas. While this all means little to how they perform on the big stage, Barron was better in nearly every statistic.