1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

S Mark Barron in 2nd round????

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dalboy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,093 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I know it most likely wont happen but with another weak class of safeties, I truly wouldn't be surprised if he dropped way further down just like the past couple of drafts have been with safeties. Idk if he will make it all the way to us in the second but I truly think that would be a steal and I'm trying to see if this could actually happen or if I'm not thinking straight.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    From watching Barron , I get the feeling that he will be another Roy Williams . He hasn't played the deep ball well , but Rob Ryan may like this type of safety .
  3. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    One of the best defensive players on the national championship team at a shallow position in this draft?

Unless he has a terrible combine performance he'll very comfortably go in the 1st round.
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I would take either Barron or his teammate Lester at FS. They both are instinctive defenders that always seem to be around the ball and make plays on the ball as well. Barron is the harder hit over the two, perhaps the hardest hitting safety in the draft, but Lester is a better coverage guy.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Idk.. Lester didn't impress me much in the championship game.

Barron on the other hand.. i wouldn't mind at all if we took him in the second, or traded back in the first and got him late first round.
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Just out of curiosity what did Lester do that wasn't impressive to you?

He is thought of as the better coverage guy, and Jordan Jefferson looked incompetent at QB and had no passing attack at all. So I am wondering what it wasn't you didn't like?
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Playing cover 2, he was late getting over to his responsibility a couple times and didn't make any plays that really stuck out to me like Barron did.
  8. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Fair enough, I must not have noticed. Thanks for the reply, I was curious b/c I didn't see him very much( but the Bama DL and LBers basically shut everything down, DB's didnt do too much)
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    That's true, but a couple of passes that they did actually complete appeared to be Lester's responsibility. Barron looked good in coverage and was flying all over the field in run support.
  10. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,384 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I think Barron goes between 20 and 32, would have to tradeback into the 1st to have a shot
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Ummm.. we have the 14th pick.

(PS.. i know what you were trying to say, just had to bust ur stones about how you said it, haha. :D )
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    True, he didn't stand out in the championship game, but my assessment of him is coming from his full body of work. I'm in SEC country, so I catch a large amount of their games. He has made some tremendous plays on the ball this year as well proved to be a solid run defender as well. He was also in position to make a play on the ball more often than not. I hoping he somehow slips into the 3rd round were the Cowboys can grab him.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I think he's going back to school for another year, so maybe next year.
  14. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,384 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    That's OK!, I think we're taking DeCastro at 14.
  15. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, Robert Lester is staying in school.
  16. alby

alby New Member

483 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the hiring of Jerome Henderson, do you guys feel this means Elam is back? If the answer is yes, would we still draft a S in the early rounds?
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,540 Messages
    1,802 Likes Received
    Even if Elam is back, this team still needs another safety. He's not a quality starter in this league.