1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: SA: Offensive tackle a bit wide-eyed facing Ware on first day of camp.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Cowboys' Smith signs, now must learn on the job
    Offensive tackle a bit wide-eyed facing Ware on first day of camp.
    By Jeff McDonald

If Tyron Smith had any choice in the matter, any choice at all, this is not how he would have wanted his first day on the job in the NFL to go.

There would have been minicamps, supervised offseason workouts, maybe some honest-to-goodness coaching — all of which would have gradually led the Dallas Cowboys' prized rookie offensive tackle to this moment.

Instead, Smith signed his first contract Thursday morning, then lined up against a five-time Pro Bowler in the afternoon. It went about as well as could have been expected.

“I ain't going to lie,” Smith said. “It kicked my butt.”

DeMarcus Ware will do that to the savviest NFL veteran, much less a wide-eyed rookie fresh off the bus.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...st-learn-on-the-job-1629582.php#ixzz1TUaPUaYX
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,596 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    I really like the fact that he readily admits DeWare owned him.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,704 Likes Received
    There is no way to better ensure future Pro Bowls and All-Pro selections than to go up against the game's best in practice.
  4. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    They actually took that quote out of context and he never even mentioned ware in that interview. He said it kicked my butt when they asked about the 3 hour practice.
  5. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,928 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Same here....kid seems humble and willing to learn. When you combine that with his size and athletic ability you should have yourself a very good tackle for a very long time.
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Lol, train as if it were the real thing. None more real than DeMarcus Ware.:bow:
  7. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Blatantly horrible reporting. I watched the interview. He clearly stated it was the 3 hour practice that kicked his butt. He never mentioned Ware. This is why reporters are taken to task, they create rather than report.
  8. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,404 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    :hammer: