1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: SA: Rookie linebacker Adrian Hamilton took the long road to Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Rookie linebacker took the long road to Cowboys
    By Tom Orsborn

IRVING — As a star defensive end at Dallas Carter, Adrian Hamilton dreamed of playing safety in college.

“I thought I was the best athlete around,” he said Thursday. “I thought I had enough athletic ability to play safety.”

Fortunately for Hamilton, then-Carter coach Allen Wilson set him straight, telling him he needed to stay at the line of scrimmage, where he could continue to torment overmatched offensive tackles.

“He just ripped past them because of his speed,” Wilson said.

That was also the case at Prairie View A&M, where Hamilton led the nation as a senior last year with 201/2 sacks, eclipsing the Southwestern Athletic Conference record previously held by Colts end Robert Mathis.

The 6-foot-3, 251-pound Hamilton's skill at getting to the quarterback has him in the running for a job with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted rookie at outside linebacker...

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...ong-road-to-Cowboys-3739201.php#ixzz21zS7gKi8
  2. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    After watching his videos before the draft, even though he is a udfa I have high hopes for this kid. It speaks volumes that supposedly every 3-4 team wanted him. Drafted or not they all saw his potential.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,249 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    There's generally at least one UDFA who makes the team and a splash. Wouldn't bother me at all if that's Hamilton although the team might be better off if one of the CBs or S makes good.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    I'm thinking the secondary options will be pushed by whether or not Jenkins makes onto the field and shows up as well.

I'm pulling for both Leary and Hamilton. Maybe a running back and a receiver as well. That's some load projecting there.
  5. jobberone

38,249 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    I will pull for Leary but without knowing a good bit more about his condition and what procedure he had I'm leary of him staying healthy.
  6. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    It would not shock me at all if he was starting across from Ware in 2013. Sure, it may be a long-shot on paper, but he is the athlete you want from an OLB, and he was a real player in College. Only time will tell, though.
  7. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Leary apparently has osteochondritis dissecans of the knee - I don't know what grade he has, how much of his joint surface is involved or how much debris he has in his knee.

After learning his diagnosis I am not surprised he went undrafted. He may give us a few years of play but I am highly skeptical of him having a long career with the forces going through his knee.
  8. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    This one I don't attempt to judge for another. Pain tolerance threshholds varies from person to person. Some folks, can endure beyond belief.
  9. jobberone

38,249 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    I read your earlier posts then went to 'bone' up on it. I wish we knew what he had done. Until I know different I will be a bit pessimistic about him. We'll see. I'll continue to hope for the best.
  10. jobberone

38,249 Messages
    4,191 Likes Received
    This problem is more than just pain tolerance. The cartilage and bone can hinge and lock the knew, pieces of bone and cartilage in the joint can impede function, and movement itself can create more problems. Until we know the grade, what procedure and whether or not they used exotic forms of treatment then his prognosis is guarded at best.
  11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Muscle can still move a joint, even without full mobility involved. How well, is somewhat dependent upon the person. A problem is a problem, but function isn't limited to the degree of that amount of limiting, although...

I lost half a thumb, but could still muscle up a 90+ fastball.

A double amputee can still run a pretty fast race, and he doesn't even have legs below the knee. Full range of motion there?
  12. kazzd58

kazzd58 Member

143 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Adrian and Mo are my 2 favorite rookies on the team... I got high hopes for Adrian i believe he will b stating in this defense soon