1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SA Spurs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by MC KAos, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    the start of another year, and i think most of us that have followed this team for a long time know that we basically have to hope we are healthy and at least slightly above .500 going into the rodeo road trip.

nice opening night win tonight without Manu. Timmy seemed to be up for this one to not be one upped by the rook, parker was good as always, but i think the biggest and most important part of the game is how well Leonard played! i think he will make the leap this year, he could be the third best SF in the league come playoff time, he is long, athletic, smart and works hard, the sky is the limit for him.

anyway, here here for a good spurs season!

GO SPURS GO!!!
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,809 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    Go Spurs Go
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't get to see the entire game since I actually went to church for once, but I saw the end and was very impressed with the Spurs. You know they're kind of like the NBA version of the Giants. Hate them, but also respect them because they just know how to win games. They execute well in the fourth quarter and they don't beat themselves. Alot of people tend to write them off because of their supposed old age, but every year they just continue to be in the mix for the championship. This year will be no different.
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Manu is already down with Back spasm and missed the trip

Good win against a bad team.

Leonard was a steal in this last draft and has a lot of potential.

Still need another Big PF/C player

I dislike Bonner and if he never sees the floor that would be a plus.

I hope patty or colo takes over the backup PG role I hate watching Neal as a backup PG he is a shooter not a PG.

Maybe the Rockets will trade one of their 500 young PF's haha
  5. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    line by line...

SIGH, agree, agree, agree, agree, agree, and lastly, i dont know ANYTHING about the rockets right now besides harden and lin

Realistically, I REALLY wish the spurs would aquire Chuck Hayes. you ask people that REALLY know what they are talking about when it comes to basketball, they will tell you chuck hayes might be the best on ball defender in the post in the league. He is a WALL!!
  6. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    AWESOME game! great win! but here is the underrated thing from this game for me. Kawhi Leonard had a HORRIBLE shooting night, but he did so many other things to help the team win, including 5 STEALS! he is averaging 5 steals a game right now! he has freakishly long arms and could be a great defender going forward.

also, duncan looks better than he has in about 4 or 5 years!
  7. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    [youtube]N5lwgOSXLFg[/youtube]

[youtube]_wwmVjOKxCg[/youtube]

we are in 2012 right?
  8. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    [youtube]LqlZ-55Z6OM[/youtube]

TONY PARKER!!
  9. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,809 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    I am a Durant fan, but the guy gets too much love from the refs. I mean they give him so many calls, on little or no contact. It is ridiculous. Also, Ibaka and Collision are allowed to commit moving screens all game long and no call. Kevin Martin also gets a lot of love from the refs. Conversely, while Durant is going to the line at will after minimal to no contact, Westbrook is getting the hell beat out of him and can't buy a trip to the line.

The rest of the league better get used to watching the Thunder shoot a lot of FTs, cause the refs seem to love them.

The new flop rule is a waste of time. There were 3 occasions in last nights game, twice by westbrook, where the Thunder committed obvious flops and nothing was done. By obvious, I mean Chris Paul would have given a standing ovation.

At any rate, it was a helluva game. It had great intensity and went back and forth. It was almost like a playoff game. Neither team shot the ball well, but they sure went at each other. Parker and Duncan look insane so far this season.

GO SPURS GO
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yeah, good first game. Pretty cool alternate unis the Spurs had, too.
  11. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    [youtube]bpZP4m-j4VI[/youtube]

LOL @ pop! good times! i cant wait for him to eviscerate chris broussard's dumb *** on wednesday!
  12. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    word, i was kind of skeptical at first, but ive grown to really like them. i still wish they would bring these back every once in a while!!!

[IMG]
  13. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,809 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    3-0 baby....another nice win for the Spurs

GO SPURS GO
  14. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    also, duncan with another nice game, 1 point shy of a 20-10. he is now averaging 21 ppg, 10 rpb and 3 blocks per game! and thats on barely over 30 minutes per game! its early but he is having his best season since 07! if he stays healthy he could have another monster postseason!
  15. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Only bad part of the spurs raping the pacers was Duncan not playing much in the second half and his ppg taking a massive hit! Nice to see some of the bench warmers like de colo and mills getting some PT tho!
  16. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Classic Pop! Man, if only he knew football.
  17. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    pop wouldnt put up with jerry's crap anyway :(
  18. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
  19. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ouch that left a mark Clippers more than clip the Spurs last night it was bound to happen.
  20. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Ya I'm not too concerned about it, the clips were super motivated for it, the spurs don't get up for games in the regular season unless its a rival