1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SA Spurs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by MC KAos, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    He can't be any worse than Jackson had been this year, maybe he will have 1 vintage game during the playoffs
  2. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,261 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    Looks like spurs will play the lakers in the first round. The lakers could win the series the way the spurs have been lately even without kobe. Should be a good series!
  3. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I seriously doubt the lakers could beat the spurs, they are the seventh seed for a reason. If tony Parker is himself this series won't last more than 5 games. But, keep in mind, I'm a homer
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,642 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    Some guys just never change.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2013/04/stephen-jackson-confirms-rift-with-gregg-popovich/

The San Antonio Spurs raised eyebrows when they cut Stephen Jackson loose last week. Cap’n Jack breaks down what happened — from his point of view, Jackson and Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich could no longer co-exist. Per S2S Magazine: “We had a disagreement,’ Jackson said. ‘He wanted me to agree to players being better than me, and I didn’t agree. I’ve been in the NBA a long time, so it’s just something I didn’t agree with and something I have no control over.
  5. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I don't understand exactly who he though he was better than, the only other players that he is competing with would be dany green and Kawhi Leonard, both of whom are much better than him at this point of his career. What we needed most from jack was offense and he wasn't providing it. I think we will be better off with McGrady because if he is terrible, he won't play, I think pop would have been forced to play Jackson had he stayed
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok Spurs fans I know we are waiting for the opponent for the finals but the NBA draft evaluation are still happening in the back ground.

A little tidbits it looks like the Spurs are looking for a shooter with size. Manu is a FA i think he will come back on the cheap or will be gone but his injury history suggest he should be a 20 minute guy during the year. I also think they will be a Gary Neal replacement as well.

Why i think the spurs are looking for a shooter while

Spurs To Workout Syracuse Sharp Shooter James Southerland

http://airalamo.com/2013/05/29/2013...out-syracuse-sharp-shooter-james-southerland/

earlier this month that Spurs interviewed Hardaway, Jr. at the Chicago Draft Combine and brought him in the following week for a workout

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/may/tim-hardaway-jr-works-out-with-the-spurs.html
  7. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I want the Russian guy, can't remember his name, but he will be a poor man's Manu IMO
  8. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,024 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  9. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Y'all got this! It's like Spurs vs. Cavs 2.0

Big Timmy is lean and mean ready to give out an whoopin.
  10. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    i dont think it will be quite that easy. before the playoffs started, i thought our realistic goal was winning the west. but now that we seem to be playing the way we were before tony went down with an injury, i think we have a chance to pull it off. hopefully we can stay healthy, we will give the heat all they can handle.
  11. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Definitely wont be easy, but it's doable!
  12. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

We have 2 picks.....my 3 pet cats, C Dieng (gone before we pick in the 1st)...hope he goes to Atlanta and Coach Bud. C/F Mike Muscala, late 1st to early 2nd most likely, and I doubt we pick him. SF James Ennis....early to late 2nd. Since Dieng will be gone before we pick, of the remaining two, I want Ennis the most. I like the way he plays defense....he has 3 pt range, is a good FT shooter, and can play above the rim. Leonard and Ennis would make a great young SF rotation for years to come.
  13. BigDGarciaFan

BigDGarciaFan Member

314 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    another season is here, were now 2-1, after losing to poor Portland on Saturday
  14. MC KAos

7,499 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I'm excited to see how good kawhi can become this season. Other than that tho, it will be another ho hum, 54-60 win regular season, barring injury. Just hoping for good health, developing chemistry and the continued growth of the youngsters!

GO SPURS GO!
  15. bounce

bounce Active Member

714 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    12-1 - and ten straight. Another deep run for the Spurs if they can stay healthy.