Saban anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CactusCowboy, Dec 31, 2006.

1. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know, I know, Miami, Alabama, but I think he is a very good young football coach.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Why even ask about it?

Miami owns his rights.

If he does get out of it, he will be going to Alabama.

He has done a great job in Miami. :rolleyes:
  3. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Dallas would have to forfeit major cash and draft picks to pry him away, ain't gonna happen. try Les Miles, much cheaper solution.
  4. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    :huh:
  5. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i would love him here but no way it happens
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,344 Messages
    3,786 Likes Received
    I would take him in a heartbeat.

Saban, Les Miles, or Cowher.

I'd like one of those three.
  7. Aikbach

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Les Miles it is, Singletary will wear a cape on the side lines and summon his defense with a searchlight that looks like a star.

Doomsday will return!
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    its not going to be Saban, I dont know why anyone would start a thread thinking we could get him...he cant leave Miami w/o permission for another NFL team anyway, and they arnt going to let him walk away unless its back to college...

Cowher isnt happening either IMO, and it really wasnt that long ago people thought of him as a real knuckleheaded coach who was overrated (and I think he still is)

Miles is real interesting and I would hope he'd be on Jerry's list...he has done well at two college programs, coached well in big games and has NFL coaching experience (and it was here)...he also has a great defensive coordinator where he is now, and I'd love to see him bring that guy along

David
  9. theogt

45,344 Messages
    3,786 Likes Received
    I wouldn't throw out any possibilities in this NFL. I mean, don't look now, but Terrell Owens and Bill Parcells are Dallas Cowboys. Jerry might just be willing to give up the cash for Saban or Cowher.
  10. Aikbach

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Pioli is the man I think you speak of, maybe he could wake up Spears but I'm certain that the thundering voice of the no-nonsense Singletary could ignite fragile souls to play or retire accordingly.
  11. Twyst

Twyst New Member

280 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From an LSU fan, please take les miles. I think he sucks, sure LSU has a great record this year, but hes still playing with sabans team and should have done better both this year and last.
  12. theogt

45,344 Messages
    3,786 Likes Received
    I think it's pretty impressive to come out of the toughest conference in college football with a BCS bowl. I imagine they're going to trounce ND.
  13. Aikbach

9,745 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Be careful what you wish for because he'd probably take your best staff members as well and next season the Saints will not be takin' nobodys by surprise so you'll be back to carin' only for LSU football which could hit a bump.