1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sacks

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aliencowboy, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Aliencowboy

Aliencowboy Active Member

506 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Defense put up 6 sacks rather quietly

They looked great
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,836 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    not to mention the offense gave up zero.
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,709 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    and the defense gave up ZERO tds.
  4. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So is the sky falling?
  5. ODawg

ODawg Benched

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Ohh my what a "D" in this first pre-season game...lookin good....I'm sooo EXCITED...GodSpeed:rolleyes:
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,836 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    This was more about Romo having serious pocket awareness. I think Bledsoe will be on his tippy toes for the next few weeks.
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,008 Messages
    1,199 Likes Received
    Don't get too excited. Seattle is not a very good team. They aren't well coached and.... Oh, wait. They went to the superbowl last year and are one of the best coached teams in the NFL. They had the #1 pass rush in the NFL and usually scored a lot of points.

That IS exciting. :D

Dallas looked awesome for the first preseason game of the season!
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,065 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, but I remember when Dallas went 4-0 in preseason and then promptly went 1-15.

While I'm not suggesting that this team is anywhere near that talent-less bunch in 1989, I have to remember this is just pre-season when most starters aren't playing and if they are, they're operating with a very vanilla game plan that will change significantly when the regular season starts.
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Calm down. Q and co. hung 50 on the Raiders a couple years ago. We went nowhere that year. Tonight was nice, but is prelude to zilch.
  10. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,536 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Yeah, we know. But I'd much rather win 13-3 and give up 0 sacks than lose 13-3 and give up 6 sacks.
  11. kaboy

kaboy Member

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The whole DE to LB thing seemed to work well for us. I'm sure teams will account for that better during the season but 3rd and long should still be an ugly down for opposing offenses. Can't wait for the season to start !
  12. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,008 Messages
    1,199 Likes Received
    True... of course the time tested comeback for that argument is that we were playing vanilla too. We didn't gameplan either.

Bottom line is: Our athletes beat their athletes. Our offense didn't allow 1 sack (Thanks in large part to Tony's quick release and ability to move), and our defense sacked their defense six times.

They didn't have Winstrom... We didn't have T.O. I think we lost on that exchange. They would be much tougher in the regular season... but we would be much tougher too. Plus, it was at Seattle.

Regardless... it was an impressive win for a younge Dallas team.