1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sadr gaining in power

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by hank2k, Mar 31, 2008.

1. hank2k

hank2k Member

516 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    it's far and away apparant it doesn't matter what happens over there, we lost to you. you use each news nugget as proof when it suits you and ignore it when it doesn't.

so till you can put the hate parade down, just no sense in bantering back and forth like a couple of kids going OH YEA! in the playground.

you're right. we suck. we can never recover. damn the man bush. people died today and they shouldn't have! we sure could use a little good news today!

all better when the world sees what you do?
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    So, we choked the guy into submission and he somehow "got what he wanted"? Hmmm...spin job maybe? I'm sure his PR guys come from the same PR school as Baghdad Bob.

"al-Sadr demanded that government forces stop rounding up his supporters and free security detainees not charged with any crime"

Sounds like he came out a winner to me.
  4. hank2k

hank2k Member

516 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Youre right, Maliki is the big winner. Whos the big winner? Maliki is!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080401...80331172957;_ylt=ApF5YxGnjEvFdXqTiCX.uv8UewgF
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,590 Messages
    344 Likes Received
  6. hank2k

hank2k Member

516 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "According to one Shiite official, the deal was struck after hours of negotiations in the Iranian holy city of Qom involving key figures in Iraq's major Shiite parties and representatives of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Two of the Iraqis present — Ali Adeeb and Hadi al-Amri — presented documents and photos which they claimed proved that al-Sadr's militia was receiving Iranian weapons, the official said.

Shiite-dominated Iran is believed to supply weapons, money and training to most Iraqi Shiite factions — a charge the Iranians deny.

The Iraqi officials would not elaborate on Iran's role, and efforts to contact Iraqi representatives who took part in the Qom meetings were unsuccessful.

Iran has been eager to maintain unity among Iraq's factious Shiites, believing that is the best way to ensure a pro-Iranian government in Baghdad."

Hey at least this news'll make one guy happy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,214 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    Hank, you frankly are full of it. I am over in Kuwait right now and I hear about it every day. The comments from the locals over here is that Sadr quit when he knew he was losing.
  8. hank2k

hank2k Member

516 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I simply posted an article from that liberal rag The Associated Press (via yahoo). The comments in the article are not quotes from me.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,214 Messages
    787 Likes Received
    BS.

You just trying to hide the FACT that you are wrong as usual.
  10. iceberg

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    another "we're losing the war!!!" post of panic.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2020631&postcount=30

you're gonna hate seeing your own quote thrown back at you time and again.
  11. hank2k

hank2k Member

516 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Actually, Im not the one spouting off tired and incorrect propoganda like "We're fighting them over there so we dont have to fight them over here" the way some are (as if any Iraqis have actually attacked US over here).
    I believe we WON the war, now we're talking about the occupation. 2 different animals. This is not a war because there is no other country to defeat or to surrender to. That part is over. This is a battle for power and oil money between various factions if Shiites, Sunnis, Kurds, and (very few) foreign fighters including Al Qaeda, who were "invited" here by our invasion and subsequent botching of the post war occupation.

Or to paraphrase the great Bill maher who said recently: "This is a like a mafia war between rival families with George Bush playing the part of Fredo."
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,742 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Interesting... he couldn't take out 'little Satan' as he calls Saddam, despite what Saddam had done to his family, yet he can be a thorn in the side of the 'great Satan'... ? Yeah.

Read between the lines of Op Ed pieces and look at the facts as they are.
    al Sadr has whatever illusion of influence the United States allows him to have.
  13. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,742 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Of course from the vantage point of his Hollywood desk, who can deny his wisdom?
  14. iceberg

27,422 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    but we're not fighting 'iraqi's' per se there either. unless they're with a terrorist org, but to my knowledge you're mixing anaolgies to suit your own agenda whether it fits life or not.

that's the "bang the drum" i see from you all the time - till this post in particular. while i don't agree with the overall tone it does help me better understand where you're coming from.

it's just very hard to take someone seriously when they "sasquach" around with nothing but BUSH SUCKS.

maybe he does. but it helps nothing to have a constant reminder on it regardless of the situation or circumstances.

so if you really don't want the cute but meaningless phrases thrown back at you - maybe you should quit setting it up with a constant bash parade. even in this post where you started a move to unbiased convo, you fell into ranks quickly by knocking bush around for your own agenda.