1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Safest Pick?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SilverStarCowboy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    LOL at Brockers being a safe pick
  2. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,390 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    probably barron.
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,507 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    maybe not safe that he will be a great player though it could happen... but it is a safe bet that he will be at least a productive player from day one
  4. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I think the history of d linemen would indicate that defensive linemen are rarely the safest pick, but I completely agree with what you are saying. That guy has an obvious and important skill that should translate to the NFL game.
  5. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    He has done almost nothing on the football field. Bombed badly at the combine. And you think this is a "safe" pick? Your kidding right?
  6. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,643 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Yes!

He's a safe pick being that even if he fails he'll be a 1st and 2nd down run stopper at DE in 3-4s in this league. That's the worst case scenario and extremely safe if you ask me.

What do you base the "he has done nothing on the field" on? Sack numbers?
  7. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Did you actually watch him play much? He had a couple good games. Thats basically his college highlight reel. If he cant dominate against college lineman I just dont see this as a "safe" pick at 14. I wouldnt think it was very "safe" if he had come in a just blew everyone away at the combine and been a athletic freak. But he crashed and burned at the combine remember? He turned in some of the very worst scores for any DL in almost every friggin drill.

And you think being a "1st and 2nd round run stuffer" makes this a great pick at 14 huh? That was the question. I would consider that to be a huge bust. We cut Igor last year. No need to get another one of those.

I think 14 is a little early but I think Cordy Glenn is a much SAFER pic.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,507 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Using the combine to tear down Brockers, and discount Poe is having your cake and eating it too..