1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Safety.. a position of Strength?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,303 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    What are the chance that safety will be a position of strength this year? Personally ....I am buying into the thought process that it will be barring injury.
  2. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    It'll be better for the simple fact that Barry Church is healthy and ready to go. If Kiffin can get decent starters' production out of Allen/Johnson/Wilcox then the safety position will definitely be a position of strength.
  3. Heelsboy

Heelsboy Active Member

136 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    I'd say it's too early to tell, but with the reports we've read it is looking promising.
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    It literally couldn't be much worse than last year. I think that almost everybody on the board believes this given how non-existent the safety support was in '12.
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,092 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    I would really like to see JJ win the spot next to Church
  6. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,195 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    I think the secondary's success is directly tied to the DL, which looks pretty shaky right now.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,567 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    To me, safety was the biggest boom or bust position going into camp. Given the youth movement they've undertaken, I doubt there will be much middle ground.
  8. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    I like that all 4 are going to push for starting gigs, which should make all of them better...good times
  9. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I like Wilcox, his ability to switch positions in college and play 1 season at safety and still get projected and drafted higher than the 6th rd makes me think he has the legs and head to play.
  10. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    From being a position of nothing but a mess for the longest time, any upgrading is a postion of so called strength.