1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Safety help

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jnday, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

8,564 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Drafttek has T.J. McDonald listed as the #1 free safety in this class . I know that safety has been a need for the last few years and I am wondering what your opinions are concerning his play . I live in the Southeast and only saw one USC game and he played well . Would he be an upgrade ? Thoughts ?

2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    T.J. McDonald is a beast but has flaws.
    Markelle Martin fits more of what we need.
    McDonlad might be more of what Ryans likes.
    I think both will be there in the 2nd unless one has an amazing combine.
    I don't think you can go wrong with either.
    McDonald can play both FS and SS as Martin is more of a ballhawk FS.
    Also McDonald is a son of a former pro bowl player but he has yet to decalre for the draft.

3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    McDonald has a lot going for him but I think he has some physical maturing to do. He's a bit leaner than I would like for a safety. I have a feeling he won't test out as very strong at the combine.

I don't think he'll have an immediate impact.

4. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,296 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Bacarri Rambo of Georgia is only a Junior but he may declare for the draft, and he would be worth a look. He plays more like a SS, but he had 7 INTs and 7 PBU this year.

5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a good one too.

6. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina -- Tramain Thomas, FS, Ark 6 #205 --- Matt Daniels, SS. Duke 6 #210