1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Safety is our number 1 concern

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Joshmil53, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Some of you want line, some of you want OLB/DE.

Romo has jittery feet because the line yes, but he was still 25/35 and could of been 28/35 without drops. Our pressure was fine, we got what, 3 sacks and numerous pressures/hits on a good o-line?

With a half-decent safety back there we would of limited their passing game to about 250. There were numerous times where McCray and Sensy just looked loss.
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Stop.

Our o-line sucks. We have one "decent" player in Smith, the rest need to go. they can't run block to save their lives.

1st pick should be an OL or DL. Control the ball, win the game.

Would have been nice to see Church stay healthy all year to see if he is actually a player.
  3. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I dunno, we need smarter players for a lot of positions. We have plenty of holes to fill.
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,508 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Absolutely not
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Safety is definitely not our #1 concern.

We got beat on seam patterns because McCray is not what we need at that position, but the fact remains that despite Ryan throwing for almost 400 yards, they scored 1 touchdown on the ground, Gonzales was largely neutralized, and their all-world receivers had no TD catches. Hell, Ryan didn't even throw for a TD.
  6. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,737 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    I firmly believe we win that game if Garrett would step back and just let Romo play ball. Go hurry up and don't stop.

It just seems to me that Garrett has 5-7 plays on his little sheet and even then has trouble choosing one. It is obvious when people sitting at home know what you're going to do before you do it.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    We need safety help, there is no question. But this team isn't in a position to go after one position, we just have too many needs with pass rusher, OL, and safety being chief among them.

Don't know why anyone with eyes can't see the need, but come draft time our needs are so great that getting the best available player will be more important than drafting for position.
  8. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I know you like your DB's so I figured you would have at least mentioned how many times we were beat by the deep ball last night which eventually put points on the board. We need a dependable safety back there. I know you love Church, I could be wrong but I don't seem him being a dynamic S. If we got a FS our Defense would be SOLID. I think the position should be addressed in the 1st or 2nd, taking our position and BPA into consideration of course.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    5,906 Likes Received
    Was Peprah active?
  10. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    That's a good question. I'm not sure. He still isn't the solution. He's a temporary fix.
  11. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

644 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I would be happy if we just drafted either an O-Line or D-Line every round and just choose the best available.
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,598 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    We need to draft a safety, sensabaugh will start next year due to being a 3.75 cap hit if kept or a 3.45 cap hit if cut. I think next year is his last year. Also church just got a new deal. We meed to draft a safety to replace sensy, but I don't think its our #1 need.
  13. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,048 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Oline and pass rush is top priority IMO.

Safety is a huge concern too.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Everything touched on so far is an obvious need. Another area where this team is lacking but doesn't get much play is WR. Unreliable and overrated are the two best terms that I can think of to describe this trio.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,673 Messages
    1,490 Likes Received
    It is not the number one concern, however Matt Elam Florida is a difference maker
  16. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,784 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    Safety could/should be resolved before the draft happens:

Sign this guy in free agency:
    [IMG]

In 3 and a half years, he has 16 INT, 24 PD, and 9 FF. Only 26 years old.
  17. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,976 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    O-Line!

We haven't even been getting burned deep this season. We also have Church injured who is young and showing promise. We must upgrade the line if we want to move the ball consistently. Too many penalties and pressures forcing us into third and long. It completely kills any momentum.
  18. supercowboy8

5,598 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    I would love this and draft a safety for the future, depending on which safeties come out. Byrd would be great FS in Ryan system and you can let Sensy and Church battle for SS.
  19. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Get me Lotulelei and i will be a happy man.
  20. supercowboy8

5,598 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    there are to many DTs in this draft that I think will grade right up there with Star. he is good but I can trade back or wait and get a DT almost as good if not better.

kawann short and sylvester williams and nix are three guys that I think are right there