1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Safety is our number 1 concern

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Joshmil53, Nov 5, 2012.

1. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Yeah could be, i just hope we get a good NT or DE with the first. We need to get to the QB with someone other than Ware, with the corners we have they would collect INTs.
    If you let me choose, i rather fix the DL before the OL.

1st - D Line
    2nd - O Line
    3rd - OLB
    4th - O Line
    5th - S
    6th - Whatever
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    to me I could go either Line just depends on who is there. I'm not going DL with a late round grade over a OL with a early round grade.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,174 Messages
    1,871 Likes Received
    The question is...does this team benefit more from a stud safety or one young Olineman added to the current crop that includes Bern/Cook/Free and Livings? The line still might be bad even if a lineman is drafted 1st rd.

There are too many needs to limit the first two round picks IMO. Get the BPA whether it is safety, O or D line in those first two rounds, if not three.

The best approach is to load up in FA and go from there, and don't be cheap Jerry, fill positions in need with quality.
  4. supercowboy8

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Livings is playing better and smith will get better with time. I think We need 3 maybe 2 new OL. We need a a new Center, RG, and RT. I think Free might be better with a new RG. Kraig Urbik might be the answer and draft a center. Getting a top veteran free agent RG might be able to help Free and a rookie center. Or we can go after a vet free agent RT like Loadholt, cut free and draft a top OG that can plug in play.

no matter what we have to draft a OL this year if not two. If we draft a safety I doubt he starts over Sensy and Church due to their contracts. Coleman and most likely Spears will be gone, a starting DE will be needed.

With so many needs make me think that trading back might be the answer. Look at St.Louis, if we have a top pick and their isn't any for sure players that can come in and make a day one difference why not trade back and try to fix our issues.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,118 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    no, no, wrong.

While this is good logic as to why I wouldn't trade up for him, passing on him would be an epic mistake.

Jonathan Hawkins and Kwame Geathers will be great run stuffers, but Star Lotulelei will be a great player. He'll stop the run and push the pocket on passing downs so QBs don't have a lane to step up into.

Passing on him to take another NT would be like passing on Stephen Jackson to take another RB.
  6. supercowboy8

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    No no wrong, what about short or Williams or the NT at notre dame nix. I have watched Star and he is good I haven't seen flat out amazing all game from top competition.
    I don't like hawking or geathers for the 3-4. I watched my gold din right at and by geathers so no thanks.

Sorry I just don't see what other see in Star L
  7. supercowboy8

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Also when was a NT drafted early 1st round that has been a game changer. Most 3-4 NTs are drafted later. No way would I pass on top DE, LB, OL or safety for. NT when I can find one with a close grade in the late 1st or 2nd
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,965 Messages
    5,343 Likes Received
    I would put Lotulelei at DE (5-technique) for the Cowboys.

Lotulelei has great talent, but he wears down quickly from what I've seen. He would be great in a rotation; however, I don't really like the idea of drafting a DL in the top 10 that only plays 60% of the snaps.
  9. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Any chance his conditioning can improve? If he can produce for 80% of snaps or so, i would still get him.
  10. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,518 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    I would love to see the look on Romo's or any of our RB's faces if someone told them that OL shouldn't be our #1 priority in the offseason.
  11. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,622 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I love this idea that a rookie is going to step in a be an all-star. We can address the OL in FA and the draft. Yes, you take BPA but OL should be addressed first in FA. We need help right away.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    We need at least one guard and one center that is better then what we have now.

either FA or Draft- I do not care which.

Free seems to be doing better; by the end of the season we can most likely be all right there; and there is still Parnell to evaluate.

Interior O line is where the NEED is.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    OL and OLB are bigger concerns in my opinion.

Dallas has to get a guy who can rush the passer opposite of Ware.

Cannot go another year with a pass rush that is so wildly sporadic and dependent on 1 guy.
  14. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Not sure if Nix is coming out next year. Also like S. Richardson as a DT.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    first rd is the place to get the pass rusher
    then use 2nd and 3rd to fix the O line
  16. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Give me Barrett Jones c/g from alabama
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,814 Messages
    4,888 Likes Received
    Been looking for one since Woody retired.
  18. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
  19. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    This Team has been looking for a safety ever since the Real Roy Williams lost his manhood
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,814 Messages
    4,888 Likes Received