1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints @ 49ers

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,449 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    Might have something to do with taking a team that sucked and turning them into a SB contender in a single year where he had less than half of an offseason to work with.
  2. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,397 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Sad that we have to watch a Niners team that we beat with an injured QB go on to try for a shot at their 6th SB win while we sit at home thinking about blowing multiple 4th quarter leads and calling timeout while our kicker is about to kick the game-winning FG. Man i really hate football sometimes. This sucks. Please dont let the vagiants win tomorrow. Please.
  3. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,339 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    You have to score the touchdown because you're down 5 points. A td isn't as automatic as a 17 yard fg which is essentially an extra point.
  4. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,437 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I'm damn impressed and envious
  5. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Leave it to you to make a comment like this. Guess you'd trade defenses with NO.:rolleyes:
  6. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez New Member

1,941 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Watching these teams in the playoffs just let's you know that our team needs a lot of work, Not only players who are talented physically and can do their jobs, but need players with Mental Toughness to hang in when things look like a sure loss.
  7. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,032 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Garrett would have got conservative, ran it 3 times, and went for the field goal at the end of the game..Harbaugh went for the win. Big Difference.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,563 Messages
    5,292 Likes Received
    Quit bellyaching everyone. Just enjoy the good playoff football without moaning for once.
  9. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,502 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Still only 1 team has won at SF this season.
  10. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,089 Messages
    279 Likes Received
  11. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Active Member

1,070 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The play was incomplete and game over...by him calling this time out he gave them another chance to throw...

Now..Imagine Brees throwing a hail mary (which he absolutely could) and they win...what will the media be talking about?
    How could Harbough do that? as bad as icing your own kicker...

Just like Mangini said..if it all goes well he is a genius, if it goes bad he is a stupid ***

:cool:
  12. yimyammer

4,437 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I agree, I sure like what I've seen from him and his team, damn I'm jealous!!
  13. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I couldn't believe I read the first comment on this. Ya sure have the player go down at the one just to burn time when you need to stick it in the endzone. Does anyone actually think before they post?
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    :post:
  15. yimyammer

4,437 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    You guys are pointing out results, but I'm curious what he did to get those results from his team. Did he yell and scream, practice more, what? What's the magic formula?
  16. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

All us Cowboy fans thought the same exact thing. But you know what? He was right to listen to his assistant and call the TO. Something wasn't right and they wanted to make sure it was for the last play of the game.

And guess what? Garrett was also correct in his decision to call the TO regardless of the ultimate outcome.
  17. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,753 Messages
    2,512 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  18. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,811 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Thank you. Every playoff game thread devolves into a Cowboy bashing thread by the same old posters.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,449 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    An 80 yard hail mary?

Yeah, that's really gonna happen.
  20. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Would if I could, but the car is already there (I was t-boned last week) and the car is undrivable.

I am so screwed, lol.