1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints -Cowboys predictions, lets hear em!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DallasDW00ds0n, Dec 20, 2012.

1. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

459 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I don't think we will be able to stop them. It's possible they put up 30 on us.

With that being said, their defense is horrible. We shouldn't have a problem moving the ball on them either.

I'll say go with the Saints 38 Dallas 27.

Hope I'm wrong.
  2. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pittman,you da man:lmao:
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    Obviously you don't understand sarcasm very well.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,453 Messages
    8,337 Likes Received
    I think we're going to have to force a few turnovers to prevent them from scoring 30 in this game.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,483 Messages
    6,194 Likes Received
    The Saints offense is definitely going to get theirs. The question is going to be can we get more? We should be able to against that defense. The entire field should be open to us since they really can't stop the run. I only really worry about pressure from their DEs when we've got the ball. Everywhere else we should have good matchups.
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think a cowboys special team play will be the difference
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,453 Messages
    8,337 Likes Received
    They've been a horrible run defense this year but they sure stopped Doug Martin last week in the shutout. I think their defense is improving but certainly still the weakness of their team.

I don't think our offense can go toe to toe with them. I think we'll need turnovers to win the game.
  8. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

459 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I do think that our offense can match their offense in this game.

We have a propensity to turn the ball over, alot, at home and I think that will happen here, hence my prediction.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,483 Messages
    6,194 Likes Received
    We'll see. On an even field, I'd agree with you. But our offense is playing against a much weaker defense than theirs is, even with all our problems.

I don't think we need turnovers to win, but I do think we'll need to avoid giving the ball away ourselves. I believe this is a game we can win by running it down their throats the way we did at Baltimore, only with more winning at the end. Keep Brees on the bench and put him in a position where he has to take chances to keep pace. Get good pressure with the DL and OLBs and play tight coverage on the outside, and let Brees do his damage on the intermediate stuff and with his TE and hope he makes enough mistakes to get them beat. Even if he doesn't, it'll end up a game that comes down to the last possession if we just don't turn it over, and I like our chances in those situations right now.
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,986 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    I have no idea what to expect and if we lose, I will be the biggest Ravens fan for three hours.

This weekend can be perfect if:
    we win
    Both NY and Wash loses

It will be a disaster if we lose and NY wins :(
  11. FanSince61

FanSince61 Thanks for the memories Dandy

865 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Cowboys 24-21
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I think we win this one.

Murray being the difference maker.

28-17 Boys
  13. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    If this D holds drew brees under 20 pts it will be a flat out miracle.
  14. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,081 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    murray has huge game and runs all over this defense
    Cowboys 31
    Saints 21
  15. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Lol...you wish.

I see some short term memory issues at work in this thread. The Saints are, for the most part, a really bad road team as of late. Take a look at their last couple of road games, and keep in mind that the Falcons and the Giants are not exactly shining examples of good defenses.

Against the Falcons, Brees threw up a career worst 5 picks, and against the Giants, the Saints got blown out of the building thanks to 4 more turnovers. Yes, they trounced the Bucs...but that was at home....and against the worst pass defense in the league. I'm not impressed.

When you talk about the Saints, it's usually can the other team keep up with them, but this weekend I think it just might be the other way around. The Cowboys offense appears to have hit its stride and is playing against a weak defense. The Saints, on the other hand, aren't playing the Bucs again. We actually have corners who can play. Can the Saints say the same?

I don't have a score for you, but I'm taking the Cowboys in this one. They're at home, and I think they're the better team right now.
  16. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,849 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    This is about right.

We will give up a good amount of points but we can score on that defense.
  17. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think Romo and Brees cancel out. The team that runs the ball and contains the run best will come out victorious.
  18. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,849 Messages
    694 Likes Received

I think we can force Brees to throw INT's
  19. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

He doesn't need any help.

It depends on whether he feels like he needs to carry the team or not.
  20. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,817 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Cowboys 35

Saint 30