1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints Fan Here Wishing You A Good Game This Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by houstonwhodat, Dec 18, 2012.

1. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,316 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    I've always thought so too. :rolleyes:
  2. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,316 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    It was never used at my high school (thank God).
  3. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

907 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Who dat? is an English idiom originating from New Orleans for over a century. First referenced in poetry, the phrase was a common dialogue element between the performers and crowd at traveling minstrel shows in the region. Eventually, the phrase became used in US cinematic productions for two decades, including TV and movies. In World War II, the phrase became known as a source of entertainment for American soldiers.
    More recently, the phrase 'Who dat?' has become a chant of team support. It is most widely used by fans of the New Orleans Saints, an American football team. The entire chant is: "Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?" "Who dat" may also be used as a noun, describing a Saints fan.[1]

Aside from that, I hope we beat the snot out the 'Aints!!
  4. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

793 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Hi houstonwhodat,

Hope next season is a lot better - Bountygate was too harsh, esp. compared to Spygate.

I may not be pulling for the Saints this Sunday, but my pizza will be splashed with plenty of this:

[IMG]
  5. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I went to school at St. Mary Magdalene, TH Harris, and East Jefferson hahaha

Grew up on Morton St.

My mom lives in Chateau Estates.
  6. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Aw hail yeah.

Tabasco is good on everything, except cereal I think haha.

Yeah this whole bounty thing was a freaking joke from the beginning.

The Saints were in the wrong place at the wrong time and became a scapegoat for the NFL's concussion problem.

I didn't think the loss of Sean Payton was going to mean as much as it did but it did.

As awesome is Drew Brees is he is not the same without SP.

Those two are joined at the hip and are extremely close.

I still don't know if he's coming back but I hope so.

The way I look at it Saints fans win either way on this game.

If we win everyone is happy, if we lose there is some comfort that JG will probably not get replaced.

Who Dat!

Is it Sunday yet?
  7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, they are going to play tough because they are finally coming around on Spags complex defensive scheme. They are going to play tough because their backs are up against the wall. They are going to play tough because they have pride.
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,084 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    so they had no pride in New York a couple of weeks ago?
  9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The earlier poster said they just started using it. Saints fans were using it WELL before 1983. The team officially adopted it in 1983. Yes, I am a Saints fan and I seem to know a hell of a lot more more about your home teams history than you.
  10. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They have pride.

Try playing without your head coach. Oh wait....
  11. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, it was popular in the 1960's and 70's. That was probably when your parents were in school, right?
  12. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cajuncocoa,

How can you live in Metairie and have the Cowboys as your first team?

Are you transplanted from Texas?
  13. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, they had rain that Troy Aikman said he had never had to play in and he wouldn't be able to throw a pass accurately, either. Every thing that could go wrong did. The defense outplayed the offense in the downpour. They also lost six players to injury during the game.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,084 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Why does that matter?
  15. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Their backs are NOT up against the wall, it's over man. It's over. Their backs were up against the wall a couple of weeks ago. And then they got kicked right through that wall. I'm sorry, I know what it's like to not have hope at the end of the season -- be thankful, at least you've had a recent SB victory. We've had nothing but a wildcard win in the last 16,000 years.

Maybe you can ruin our hope this weekend! Probably not, but maybe!
  16. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My bet is that he liked the Cowboys because they were wining and hated the Saints because everyone else loved them. He was probably young and rebellious and wanted to go against the flow.

Is that close?
  17. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I live in Denver, transplanted from upstate NY. While I'm a pretty big fan of the Broncos, I HATE the Giants. Not as much as I did when guys like Tiki and Brandon Jacobs were there, but I still despise them.

You see, I did not succumb to the dark side. Maybe cajuncocoa is the same?
  18. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, not over yet. With two games to go the Saints can still make it in.
  19. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Most Saints fans I've seen on this forum are pretty cool and I mean no disrespect, but...

You guys are going to get blown out by the Cowboys this Sunday. BLOWN OUT. The most points this offense has scored all year.

That's my prediction anyway.
  20. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,828 Messages
    1,214 Likes Received
    Well, I have been to New Orleans at least 10 times once a year for two or three weeks at a time, and stayed in Slidell. That was way before the storm.

But, I hate to say this, but they are some of the nicest people...and in New Orleans downtown district...a sight to see. Watching the Mardi Gras was amazing. Just don't swallow the baby if you eat any cake!

And, I won't even mention the food. That's what I miss...