1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints Fan Here Wishing You A Good Game This Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by houstonwhodat, Dec 18, 2012.

1. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll bet my scenario is closer, if not dead on. I have met a few others with the exact same story. Louisiana residents that jumped on the Dallas bandwagon when Dallas was last really good back in the 90's. They hated the fact that all their friends pulled for the Saints and then when the Saints had more success over the past 12-15 years the hatred grew. I guess it is understandable. But, I moved to Louisiana when I was nine in the Summer of 1967 and have been a fan of the Saints from day one.
  2. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Want to place a friendly wager on that?

:D
  3. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    New Orleans treats visiting fans like royalty. The whole culture caters to the visitor. There are many NFL cities where you will catch hell wearing your "colors", but when in New Orleans they see you as a visitor and even if they might pick at you in fun, they will be just as likely to buy you a drink.
  4. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The food is amazing.

When you think of New Orleans you think of Mardi Gras, food, music and the Saints.

Not sure which order. Depends on who you are.
  5. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, seriously, what is your reasoning behind that. I can actually see the opposite happening as a more likely scenario. I in no way expect it, though.
  6. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My order is Saints, food and music. Mardi Gras is more for the tourists.
  7. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    What do you have in mind?

My reasoning is your defense doesn't look like it's ready for a Cowboys offense finally hitting on all cylinders in December.

That and i'm totally homering out a little bit because we're winning in December.
  8. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,388 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

wow
  9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And your defense is looking like it can handle the top offense in the league? I just can't see a blowout by the Cowboys.

Tell you what, depending upon your definition of a blowout, I'll wear whatever you what in my signature until we play again. Better yet, let's go at it even up! The loser has to sport the signature of the winners choice until the next meeting between the two teams. I will also show up on at least a weekly basis if by some miracle I lose to make it fair. Of course, the signature needs to be approved by the site admin.

Bet?
  10. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    To be clear, I'm not betting on a blowout. I'm betting we win. And if that's also your bet, you got one. I'm just adding the prediction that it's a blowout.

Your offense isn't top in the league, that's New England.
  11. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,278 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    Actually when I think of New Orleans, the last thing I think of is the Saints, hell I rarely think of them at all.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,278 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    Signature bets are for losers.
  13. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True, but far better than Dallas', no?

Okay, it is a bet!
  14. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Half of it is.
  15. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

549 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Don't count on the Gboys losing another game.
  16. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Understandable. You are not a Saints fan. Then again, when I am forced to go to Dallas the Cowboys are not high on my list either. Usually it is to make a connection to another location. That said, I did propose to my wife 26 years ago in Dallas at the Old San Fransisco Steakhouse.
  17. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not counting on the Cowboys winning another game. And that is only partially because the Saints need that to happen to make the playoff cut.
  18. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Murray is back and staying relatively healthy, and we're averaging 28.3 PPG the last 3 games (3 game win streak). We still haven't broken the 10 point first half curse, but I think this is the week we will.
  19. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,879 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    How anyone that says this weekend's game against the Saints isn't big is beyond me. As other have posted, It's huge because we will need to win that game and the Skins game if the Giants do not lose another game, which is very possible. Not only that, but you really don't want to lose this time of the year when you're trying to make a playoff push even if it didn't affect your positioning, which it clearly very well could in this instance. We HAVE to win.
  20. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I'd like to add a stipulation, if not too late. Since you have an account here, I'll also create one on your forum (blackandgold?) and the sig of the loser applies to both.