1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints Fan Here Wishing You A Good Game This Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by houstonwhodat, Dec 18, 2012.

1. saintsational

saintsational New Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I rarely post, but since every tv in this house is occupied with the flipping hunting channel or disney, I figured I would check out the message boards. I love friendly wagers. Instead of signature bets, why don't y'all change profile pics of the player you dislike the most, from whatever rival you dislike the most, for 1 week. For example: Asylum would have to change his profile pic to Matt Ryan, Roddy White, etc. and Kilyin change his pic to his most disliked player. Just a suggestion.

saintsreport.com is where most fans post.

Question for you Cowboy fans: What is the reason so many people on this board dislike Garrett so much? The man has you guys in a race for the division title. I honestly don't understand the hate he gets from some on this board. :confused:

For the record, I think the Saints will win in a close one. ;)
  2. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I don't think they really "dislike" Garrett, he is a Cowboy thru and thru having played for them.

They just want to get back to the promise land and he ain't no Sean Payton.
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,465 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    Nope.

I don't understand how anyone could NOT love the Cowboys. :starspin
  4. cajuncocoa

2,465 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    First of all, I am not a "he".

I knew nothing about football before 1968...I didn't even know the Saints existed for the entire 1st year of their franchise. I claimed the Cowboys as my team when they played the Saints sometime during that 1968 season. Can't explain it; I didn't really know anything about them before I saw them that day. It had nothing to do with who was winning (but the Saints certainly weren't in those days! :p:)

I do tend to go against the flow though...always been that way. :)
  5. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

hahahahahaha

Don't get me wrong.

I LOVE my Saints.

BUT the Boys have 5 freaking rings, Saints do not.

I can only hope that before the Drew Brees/Sean Payton era is over we get a couple more. I think we will as long as SP comes back which worries me.

I win either way. I'm from NOLA and love NOLA. But I live in Houston and love Texas.

I win.
  6. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Deal.
  7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have been a member of saintsreport.com for many years, but I moved permanently to blackandgold.com a few years ago.
  8. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do apologize then, fair lady. But, I was at least right about your rebellious ways, no? But, you do have to admit, the Saints fans are loyal to a fault. It is part of the culture.
  9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I personally have a tough time wondering how people can? When I married my wife almost 25 years ago she was a Dallas fan because she thought Aikman was hot. She has long since reformed and is now black and gold through and through.

At one time I did respect the Cowboys and was otherwise indifferent. But I honestly grew to *insert term here* them when Jerry Jones moved in. He transformed a proud organization into a circus run by a ringmaster in a silver and blue top hat. That is the conventional view from the outside. The team now plays in a huge antiseptic mausoleum with no home field advantage. The tribute is not to the great early reputation of the franchise, but to the owner that has neutered its ability to succeed.

I am sorry. This is not an attack on the fine fans of the once proud franchise. It is an honest take from the outside.
  10. cajuncocoa

2,465 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    I'm still proud of them. Win or lose.
  11. cajuncocoa

2,465 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    I'm part of that culture too...hence, my loyalty to the team I chose (Cowboys).
  12. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And I respect you for that. :)
  13. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Feisty. I like that. One day maybe will we meet when the Cowboys next visit the Dome.
  14. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,323 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    Funny, none of the announcers ever refer to it like that. I've heard most of them call it one of the most amazing and awe inspiring places they've ever seen.
  15. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup. So huge and daunting that your own home crowd is marginalized.
  16. cowboys2233

4,323 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    Well, sure. But antiseptic mausoleum? Those are fighting words.
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Huh?????? You always need to win when you haven't clinched a playoff birth, what in the world are you talking about.......

:confused:
  18. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Indy seems to be doing quite well. Next excuse please....
  19. cowboys2233

4,323 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    His thinking is unsound. Relying on the hope that the Giants are going to lose to either the Ravens or Eagles is...unsound.
  20. cajuncocoa

2,465 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    You should ask LSU about that...they LOVE to play at Cowboys Stadium.