1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints Fan Here Wishing You A Good Game This Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by houstonwhodat, Dec 18, 2012.

1. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Active Member

1,430 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    every teams fans are loyal to a fault. Saints fans are no better/loyal/knowledgable (debatable especially with Saints fans) fans than any other team.
  2. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Active Member

1,430 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I grew up in S Louisiana and if you live in La you know that S La is a different world than any other place in La. I was never a Saints fan. I remember Dempseys 63 yard field goal and mocking them when they were lining up to kick it and broke my glasses when I fell on the floor when he actually made it. The only highlight of the Saints early years until the late 80s when Bum finally got them to the playoffs.

It was easy not to root for the Saints. Most people in La up until in I left in 1987 could care less about the Saints. When people spoke of them it was not with loyalty or caring about their future but mocking them because of their ineptitude.

Saints fans of years gone by could be appreciaed because of their loyalty inspite of their ineptitude. But in the last few years Saints fans online have grown to be a pain. They always feel like their team or players were robbed in some way and the NFL has it in for them. The losses, now especially, always have a built in excuse until that excuse does not work anymore and another one can be replace it.

I do agree tho that the food in La is the best in the world. I say that is really the only thing I miss from leaving there. I miss it terrribly.

This does remind me tho I need to call my brother who still live in S La and harass him a little about His Saints. He is as delusional as the rest of them.

Oh yea, Go Packers!!!
  3. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Saintsreport sucks.

The moderators are overzealous and they have double standards.

It's just the internet people lighten up.

They can go to ...
  4. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    With the exception of the very last line of your post :p: you nailed it. You've described Saints fans, past and present, to a T.

Sometimes we'd pick up tickets to go to a Saints game for next to nothing, just to fly paper airplanes from the top of the Dome to see if they could land on the field. Hilarious.

Oh yeah, Go Cowboys!! :thumbup:
  5. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Honestly, wouldn't you feel bad if you passed on a chance to move up a spot or two in the draft? :)
  6. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, not at all. Loomis and Payton are great at talent evaluation in the draft. The player they want will most likely still be there at a lower price tag. Besides, the Saints routinely get impact players in the lower rounds of the draft. Draft position is grossly overrated.
  7. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,884 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    So is the "you're all playing for your JOBS!" mantra.

Coach Vitt: "Now you listen and you listen good! I'm keeping my eye on all of you losers, if I see any of you lolly-gagging around out there, you'll be finding a pink slip in your locker tomorrow!!"

Players: "Hey Vitt, F YOU!!! Go get me my water bottle, you rent-a-coach POS!!"
  8. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some of them are playing for their jobs and don't underestimate Vitt's influence. Loomis and Payton named him the interim coach for a reason. He has worked closely with them since they all arrived in 2006. Vitt is loved and extremely well respected by the entire team. I doubt there is another person in the organization, besides Loomis, that Payton trusts more.
  9. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    And from the accounts I read he was the mastermind behind the bounty program. Just ask Gregg Williams.
  10. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yeah well don't believe it.

It's all carefully prepared and leaked NFL propaganda to deflect upcoming lawsuits. Nothing more. Otherwise suspensions would never have been vacated.

Saints were in the wrong place at the wrong time and got made an example of.

But I'm not going to debate that especially with a Cowboys fan. You can choose to believe what you will.
  11. cajuncocoa

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    You don't believe it because you're being a homer.

Only the player suspensions were vacated; Tagliabue felt the players had been punished enough. The report indicated that coaches and management were clearly involved, and that they participated in an attempt to obstruct the investigation. That's why Payton, Williams, and Loomis did not have their suspensions vacated.
  12. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received

SP didn't have his suspension vacated because he has no union and no recourse.

Trust me this ain't over yet.

More will come out during Vilma's defamation suit.
  13. cajuncocoa

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    SP had the same recourse that Vilma has. If he felt he was unjustly accused, he could have sued for defamation as well.
  14. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First of all, there was no "bounty program". There was your run of the mill pay for performance program found in every locker room in the league. But, why did the performance pool not start until 2009, the year that Williams joined the Saints, instead of 2006 when Vitt showed up? And don't forget that Williams also ran performance pools when he was with the Redskins and the Jags.
  15. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry, but you are very wrong here. Payton has no grounds to sue for defamation. He was not suspended for the existence of an alleged bounty program. He was suspended because Goodell thought he lied to him. It is far too nebulous. Vilma has grounds because Goodell publicly declared on seven different occasions that Vilma held up $10,000 in cash and challenged teammates to take out Warner in the Cardinals playoff game. During the appeals hearing in was determined that this event never took place.

According to others in attendance there were many major discrepancies that totally invalidated the key witness' testimony. That is why Tagliabue refuses to make the transcripts public. NFLPA head honcho, De Smith, did have access to the full testimony and stated that there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever of the existence of bounties and demanded the transcripts be made public.
  16. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The report was carefully worded to support Goodell and to deflect damage from the upcoming defamation case (Vilma vs. Goodell), which, by the way, has Tagliabue's law firm defending Goodell. Can you say conflict of interest? The report depended almost entirely on the testimony of former Saints defensive quality control coach (means he cleaned their jock straps), Mike Cerullo, who was fired following the 2009-10 season for lying to management about two absences during the season and other issues.

Cerullo appeared almost two years later with personal claims and handwritten notes confirming bounties. At the time he claimed he had detailed notes covering the Warner bounty and signed a statement later confirming this "fact". During the appeal hearing he admitted that there were never any notes from that game. He also admitted that the supposed notes that he had from the Favre game were totally inaccurate and he "really didn't know where he was going with that document".

:rolleyes:

Besides, the hearing was for the players. The others had exhausted their appeals already. There was no way Tagliabue could do anything about them even if he wanted.

This is just starting to get interesting and may very well cost Goodell his job.

Uh, of course I am a homer, but I also take the time to learn everything I can about the facts and do not base my judgement on the slanted view of the league and what they feed to the media.
  17. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

a_saints_fan01: There was no bounty program!

a_patriots_fan_01: There was no spygate!

etc
  18. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Member

406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Apples and oranges, Kilyin.

Eight defensive players and Coach Vitt under oath in District Court during a hearing on a retraining order against the league before Judge Helen Berrigan: There was no bounty program!

Twelve other defensive players via signed affidavit: There was no bounty program!

Gregg Williams during player appeals hearing: There was no bounty program!

NFLPA Head De Smith after reviewing all of the testimony from the player appeals: There was no bounty program!

Paul Tagliabue after the player appeals hearing: There was no evidence of a bounty program!

Mike Cerullo, with a vendetta against the Saints: There was a bounty program!

Roger Goodell going solely on the word of Mike Cerullo: There was a bounty program!