1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints Fans In NOLA Are Freaking Out - Something Nobody Is Considering

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by houstonwhodat, Nov 5, 2012.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I may be in the minority on this, however, I find Payton to be a very unlikable dude. He's an egomaniac of the 1st degree, has operated in a manner that demonstrates that he believes he and his teams "above" the established rules, and, more than anything comes across as fairly dishonorable.

Beyond the big things, seeing him run up the score on various opponents, continue to send offensive guys like Brees out late in games that are already decided to juice their stats and/or go to extreme measures to have his guys break NFL records all strike me as strong signs that isn't the kind of coach the Cowboys need or deserve.
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    My friend is a long time Saints fan.

He told me last night that if Dallas gets Payton, he will burn down Cowboys Stadium, Jerry's home and cause severe pain and torture to Jones..

I asked him. Why wait? hehehehee
  3. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,911 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    It won't happen. My sources say we are too invested in our " process "
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Point the finger at Peyton, and yet use a guy that tried to destroy the world back in the 80's as your avatar. A bit hypocritical, don't ya think?
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    wow what a way to try and avoid things
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    There is absolutely no chance, at all, that Payton will be coaching the Dallas Cowboys next year.
  7. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    What? Did you confuse me with someone else? I'm not even sure what it is you are trying to say.
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,878 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    The only chance I see of it happening is if Garrett decides to just call it quits and not deal with the headache of being the coach of the Dallas Cowboys. And that happening is a very low probability.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    avoid agreeing or disagreeing with his assessment of him.
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,598 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Even if Garrett is no longer here, Payton is not going to be here. He will be in NO. If he wants to leave, the Saints are going to contest his contract, arguing that he owes a year because he was suspended for the final year of his deal. They'll want to get something for him to set him loose. They can tie this up for a while.

NO, to me is the perfect situation. You've got a team with great talent playing terribly. It will be easy for him to come back and turn stuff around with that group.
  11. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,465 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    You're not alone...I agree.
  12. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,465 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Jerry did make a statement today that he would like to "stir things up." Who knows? He might just make SP an offer that he can't refuse.
  13. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    It's a blog. I could have not responded at all. What does it matter what I think. Peyton is not going to coach here one way or the other. I was merely attempting to make light of his pointed statement.
  14. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,203 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    He actually said that a few days ago before all this Payton contract stuff came out.

What it did though was just add fuel to the fire.

Would be fun if he meant it.