1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Saints to Interview Rob Ryan as DC *Post #26*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nav22, Feb 5, 2013.

1. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Seems like an odd hire. I'm guessing he'll implement a 4-3 scheme given the personnel there. Having Brees & co. throwing up 35 points/game wont hurt....
  2. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    I can't see this being a good hire unless they go to a 3-4.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    They said they are.
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Wow. That's going to be ugly unless they hit some homeruns in free agency.
  5. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Throw enough money at Anthony Spencer and you have one of your OLBs anyway.
  6. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    I am not privy to the inner workings and why they let Ryan go. I have read the rumors, but they are just that for me. Rumors.

I question the making wholesale changes on the defense when the offense was the major issue. But having said that.

Ryan is not the worst. Nor was Phillips. Or any coach that has left here be it quit or fired.

Except maybe Campo, and that was overblown since Ryan had Carr playing 8 yards off the receiver.

It seems fans here are fickle, with little understanding, sometimes.

If the offensive line was a major issue, and it caused the Seattle and Chicago
    massacres, then we grade on the curve.

A pointless exercise, but so many made these ridiculous comments about how they seemed to get better because of some stat toward the end of the year. Especially a GM that will remain nameless.

So Ryan had a patchwork defense that suffered injuries almost weekly, and did a patchwork job, and the second he is cut everyone piles on.

If there were a coach of the year award just for Dallas, and the GM that will remain nameless had no vote, Ryan would have won that hand's down.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,730 Messages
    1,811 Likes Received
    Romo caused all that, bro! He lost all the games by himself, so that is why they fired Ryan. Hell, that is why they are firing all the other coaches! Just ask all the other posters that know.

Ryan had the most injuries on any team of the Cowboys that I have ever witnessed, and at one time early on, the Cowboys were a top 5 defense.

But, as you say, as soon as some player/coach is gone, he was the worse player/coach to ever come to the Cowboys.

But, Romo is the only one that gets the credit for a losing season.

Keep up, bro. ;)

Oh, and it's Romo's fault for getting rid of some players.
  8. TwoDeep3

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    I have yet to understand the edict of hijacking threads or comments with the negative when the other side makes this sort of response.

5, I agree, but very little with your premise. There are some that have soured on Romo. There are others, and I am one, that believe he is asked to do too much.

But really, did anything in my post suggest anything about Romo? No.

Yet you just did what the negative guys do and not one word will be written about it.

Not calling you out. Because I always enjoy trading posts with you. Just illuminating the terrain we currently find ourselves on.
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,730 Messages
    1,811 Likes Received

I didn't mean to make you mad. And the only reason that I brought Romo into the convo...well, you know.
    :eek::

(stupid cowboy fans)
  10. TwoDeep3

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    You didn't make me mad at all. I am just pointing out that this is a two way street. Sorry I used you as an example.
  11. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,265 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I say he will not get hired.
  12. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I thought we played a lot of pretty good defense this year.
  13. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,972 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    How many buffets has Ryan visited during his 5 minutes of unemployment?
  14. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,689 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Ryan wasn't THE problem in Dallas this year, or even the last two years, but he certainly was part of it. Injuries were certainly a limiting factor this year, but not last year.