1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Santonio Holmes busted for pot

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by hendog, Oct 24, 2008.

1. hendog

hendog Well-Known Member

2,097 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    3rd arrest since 2006. Lets see if RG throws the book at him. Yea right. Goddell is a joke.
  2. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It's getting awful cozy on the "Goodell is a moron" train.
  3. sacowboysfan513

sacowboysfan513 Well-Known Member

1,969 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones will find a way to get this guy cheap.
  4. FCBarca

FCBarca New Member

2,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    More weed...Gee, there's none of that in professional sports
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Once again... Don't draft known idiots. Just don't do it.

Glad we didn't take this moron when some people were saying we should.
  6. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,384 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    He's a Steeler not a Cowboy this story will die Quick.
  7. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5g7bGYY35YXcv8vGEjFgY1Qd6Odow

Police say Steelers' receiver Santonio Holmes had pot during stop

2 hours ago
    PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes will be charged with misdemeanour marijuana possession after a traffic stop in which police smelled burning marijuana and found marijuana-filled cigars in his car.

"He's going to be summoned," said police Sgt. R. Griffith, meaning Holmes was not arrested after the incident Thursday, but will receive notice of the charge in the mail.
    The charge, possession of a small amount of marijuana, is punishable by up to a year in jail but probation or a fine is common in most cases.

Police said the 24-year-old Holmes acknowledged having marijuana when stopped and pointed out the blunts to officers.

"We're aware of what happened and are still gathering information at this time and will not comment," Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said Friday. Holmes and his agent could not immediately be reached.

The third-year player didn't have his licence when police stopped him about 4 p.m. near Mellon Arena, the home of hockey's Pittsburgh Penguins.

Police stopped Holmes driving a dark sport-utility vehicle with out-of-state licence plates. Officers in the area had been alerted that a similar vehicle was believed to be carrying a large amount of drugs. Holmes' vehicle matched the description but was not the one police were seeking, Griffith said.

Holmes is second on the team behind Hines Ward with 22 catches for 360 yards and a touchdown. A first-round draft pick out of Ohio State in 2006, Holmes has 118 catches for 2,037 yards and 11 touchdowns, in his career with the Steelers.

Holmes has had two other run-ins with the law since the Steelers drafted him. In June 2006, he was charged with domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio. Those charges were dropped when the mother of one of his three children declined to help prosecute the case and prosecutors were assured that Holmes received anger management and domestic violence counselling through the NFL.

In May 2006, Holmes was arrested for disorderly conduct by police in Miami, who also later dropped the charges. Holmes is from Belle Glade, Fla.
  8. Romo2Dez4six

Romo2Dez4six Touchdown!!!!

2,012 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :laugh2: , but we all know who should have been taken besides Barbie. for those who don't know he was the very next pick.:banghead:
  9. Thick 'N Hearty

Thick 'N Hearty Active Member

2,359 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That bodes well for my fantasy team. Hopefully Ward will get more looks.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    I hate the Steelers. :steelers:

Goood for me.
  11. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Goodell was on Mike & Mike this morning, preaching about being consistent in his punishing of players who break the conduct policy, and across the board...

I lolled.

Nice sig punk.
  12. rysko

rysko New Member

491 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    oh noes not marijuana
  13. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hang him out to dry!
  14. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Unfortunately with GM Jerry Sunshine we dont draft em, we just sign them when they are free agents.

Parcells put pacman in the undraftable box and dick vermeil said he talked to pacman at the combine and within five minutes he knew pacman had issues and wasnt for him.....

Yet we put him on a successful team and then the local media runs around declaring how great he is.

And yes GM Jerry Sunshine says this is all good for team chemistry. Who could argue.
  15. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,888 Messages
    1,871 Likes Received
    Only if there is a STAR on the helmet.
  16. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I'm sure they weren't ready with examples of his lack of consistency. He's such a tool. I hate that guy.

Gracias. It feels right.
  17. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,134 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    santonio is always doing something wrong and it gets covered up
  18. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,149 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    7th Steeler arrested since 06 !!!

3rd arrest for Holmes since 06

Davenport arrested for domestic violence

Brooks arrested for fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, driving at unsafe speed, & other violations

Wilson arresed for hitting his girlfriend

Harrison arrested for hitting his girlfriend

Even their mascot, Steely McBeam was arrested for DUI :laugh2:

Can you even imagine ESPN's daily coverage of this if this was the Cowboys ???

Seriously !!
  19. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,848 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure there was a story about S. Holmes and naked pics of him being on the internet, probably like a month or so ago. I believe I heard about it on a local radio show.
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    wow....put the weed down.