1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sarah Palin-The "Mariano Rivera" of Politics

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Nov 25, 2008.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ATLANTA -- Sen. Saxby Chambliss confirmed Tuesday that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will be his "closer" and campaign in Georgia with him on Monday, Dec. 1.

"I was thrilled when I got the call that Governor Palin would be able to make the trip to Georgia to campaign with me the day before the runoff election," Chambliss said in a news release. "Julianne and I are honored that she would take the time to travel to Georgia to tell everyone how important this election is and I know that she will receive an enthusiastic welcome everywhere we go."

Chambliss is locked in a nationally watched Dec. 2 runoff against Democrat Jim Martin. The contest will help determine whether Democrats win a filibuster-proof majority in the U.S. Senate.

Palin will join Chambliss for four public rallies across the state on
    Monday: 8:30 a.m. in Augusta; 11:00 a.m. in Savannah; 1:30 p.m. in Perry; and 4:00 p.m. in Atlanta.

Following Palin's visit, Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will swing through Georgia on Tuesday to campaign with Chambliss.

The one-time presidential candidate will hold a news conference with Chambliss honoring first responders Tuesday.

Giuliani is the latest in a string of GOP presidential wannabes to pass through Georgia in recent weeks. Arizona Sen. John McCain, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and ex Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney have already paid visits.

On the Democratic side, former President Bill Clinton and his Vice President Al Gore have appeared for Martin.