1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Saw G Brian Waters at Target shopping w/family

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jan 24, 2014.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,242 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Thanks JJT...I had no idea
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received

Bernie is never consistent. That has been shown his entire career- you cannot rely on him
  3. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,104 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    It's unfortunate that Waters didn't smother JJT with a pillow in the bedding section
    bark likes this.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,895 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    You're in the minority view at present. He played well last year and our line was ranked high and well thought of. I don't think Mack is as good as Waters but that will depend on age and health, too. I still don't like Mack's feet but I didn't watch much film last year so take that with a grain of salt.

So there is competition at RG. They want a C/G to come in and compete. They want a better replacement for Costa and a better game day guy to backup C and G. Otherwise I think the OL is in good shape knock on wood. We are still one play away from playing Parnell or Weems. I don't know what they think of them at present. They were happy with both last year esp Parnell. I suspect one of them can play. They think a lot of both guys but they are at the end of being developed.

I still have DE, DT, S, LB, and C as the pressing needs on the team. So basically that's the entire D needs an influx of talent. Pass rusher and a 3 are the most pressing followed closed by S then C then LB. Of course you're always looking to upgrade every position on the team.
    MichaelWinicki likes this.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,335 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Instead of Waters, I would just as soon like to see the Cowboys use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a guard.
    WoodysGirl and jobberone like this.
  6. MichaelWinicki

31,335 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    I would probably move C (or a guard who can play center) up about the same level of importance as safety.
    jobberone likes this.
  7. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    862 Likes Received
    He is a young guy and he played better last year than he ever did before. That doesnt mean I wouldn't draft a guard or bring in a mid rangge back up. But I wouldnt bring back waters.
    jobberone likes this.
  8. jobberone

35,895 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    Actually I was talking about CB not C but I can make a case for a C just like one for a T. I addressed center/guard earlier and just forgot to put that on the wish list. I agree they need to look to upgrade there and they are looking; or that's the rumor.
  9. jobberone

35,895 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    I don't know the contract options on Waters. I'd like to have him for another year and hope to find a guy later or undrafted to compete at G. I just don't know if the money spent on Waters is worth it in the long run if you have Mack playing and you're looking for a C/G for depth. So they may certainly move in that direction come draft day if the right guy falls in their lap. Otherwise I think they will look at defense in the first two days more critically than offense. But they have enough holes to go BPA IMO.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,719 Messages
    3,222 Likes Received
    Do not forget that DL.
  11. jobberone

35,895 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    I think Waters coming back will depend on money and who they have on their board.
  12. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    862 Likes Received
    I'd be more inclined to bring him back if i thought this team was going anywhere next year. I think they need to think young and cheap. IMO
    jobberone likes this.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,233 Messages
    1,451 Likes Received
    Next year is a waste of time for everyone. No need to bring him back.
  14. MichaelWinicki

31,335 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    No worry about that!

I was referring to the list that Jobber made...
  15. MichaelWinicki

31,335 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    If they had money to spare for Waters... I'd just as soon see it spent on a Dlineman.

Depending on what they do with Ware, the only guys I can see as being sure things when it comes to making the final roster (barring injury of course) when it comes to the defensive line are Crawford and Selvie.

That leaves 5-6 open spots.

If they could sign a couple FA defensive linemen we're down to 3-4 spots.

Add a couple rookie draft picks and we're down to 1-2 spots.

Let folks like Hayden, Bass and an undrafted free agent or two battle it out for the final spot or two.
    jobberone likes this.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,890 Messages
    3,837 Likes Received
    You should have a lot of free time on Sundays then.
  17. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

489 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Haahahaahaaa..

Funny.
    DavidS likes this.
  18. jobberone

35,895 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    That works for me. Their draft needs will change some based on their FA acquisitions.
  19. jobberone

35,895 Messages
    3,045 Likes Received
    And they may feel that way. I suspect they are feeling good about Leary and Mack and I know they are wanting a C/G so they may part ways primarily over money but also he's older and more injury prone as well as more expensive.
    NJ22 likes this.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,233 Messages
    1,451 Likes Received
    I doubt if I watch as much next year.

I'm pretty bored with this team. They are absolutely pathetic and give no reason for hope.