1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Say these 13 guys are gone...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ejthedj, Apr 3, 2012.

1. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received

I think they did what they did so they would not be forced to take any one player at a position, except they did not do that at center and it is very weak center group. It was also a very strong free agent center group, Myers, Wells, Satelle, Koppen, Saturday, etc.
  2. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I am torn. I, like most Cowboys fans, desperately wish they would finally make a move to get a top-notch safety to be the QB of the secondary. But I don't like the idea of taking Barron at 14. In this situation, I guess I would take Gilmore. Are there any CBs that could translate well to FS or SS? I know when everybody was pining for Patrick Peterson, that was a hot topic. Moving him to FS. Malcolm Jenkins seems to have made a smooth transition.
  3. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    With the 14th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, The Dallas Cowboys WOULD select: Dontari Poe, DT Memphis.
  4. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    You are pretty much looking for a 200 lbs zone corner with some brains. Gilmore would probably be great at it with 10 more pounds but that guy is one of the top 3 corners in this draft. Howard from Vandy would be great at it. I like their strong safety too. He reminds me of Kam Chancellor.
  5. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I'd take Cox and not think twice about it. I think he's just what we need to get pressure from the D-Line.
  6. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think the biggest thing is, can they hit? I want a Ronnie Lott safety that will take your head off at half speed. Probably asking too much, though.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,263 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    Problem is Spears and Hatcher are garbage. Those two and Coleman need to be gone.

If we can't trade back I would go.

Cox
    Barron
    Mercilus
  8. Pottsville Maroons

Pottsville Maroons Member

704 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    We need someone that really gets after the ball and Cox scratches that itch.
  9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Option 1 is to trade down because I like 5 or 6 of those guys within hair-splitting range of each other.

Failing any real takers I'd select Cox.

That is a VERY strong group to choose from at 14!

I feel about Barron like I do about DeCastro.
    I don't need to use 14 on a safety. I can get a 2-3 mil safety every year who'll play at an adequate NFL level.

But you trade down and get some additional draft picks to throw darts at need positions then you can easily select BPA.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    You can't hit in the NFL anymore.
    Ronnie Lott wouldn't be Ronnie Lott under these rules.

The safety needs to be a good form tackler and a great coverage guy.
    A safety who can strip the ball, blitz and pick off passes is what will get r1 grades; not a big-time blow em up hitter.
  12. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,195 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Fletcher Cox
  13. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I also like Cox. If he is there and he is taken I would not be upset at all