1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Schefter: "Skins have best OT tandem in NFL"

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by TOOMBS, Jul 9, 2010.

1. TOOMBS

TOOMBS Member

228 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, those ******** saps on Extremeskins (yes, I love to go there and laugh). One positive article by Adam freaking Schefter, of all people, and they start drinking the kool-aid. Adam Schefter knows about as much about football as I do........and that is NOTHING! (I once said that Shawn Merriman was better than Ware...... so that shows what I know.)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=326341

Every damn year they fall for the same ****! Reminds me of the girl I call every few months and convince to come over and then ignore her calls the next day.

Here is one of the many gems from this thread on Extremeskins:

"Why are you people so cautious? They are easily the best bookend tackles in the NFL, by far.

McNabb is going to have all day in the pocket, and we should easily have 2 1000+ yard RBs."

Not very many people were being cautious either. That thread is full of Kool-aid drinking dorks.

There is NO WAY *in my ignorant opinion* this team is going to be competitve this season. First year in a 3-4 with players do not fit. Andre Carter dropping back??? Can that guy even walk backward? Old *** runningbacks... Carlos Rodgers..... Santana Moss might do ok because he is closer to the ground to catch McNabb's dirt balls, but the other receivers are trash. O-line looks terrible. Cooley, Orakpo, and Fletcher are their only good players.

i'm drunk..... where is that girl's number?

*edit* forgot to put link for his chat where Schefter said this http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/33326/nfl-insider-adam-schefter
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :lmao:

Nothing surprises me out of ExtremeBizarroWorld, but Schefter should be ashamed of himself. Trent Williams is a star because he was drafted high? Okay.
  3. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,784 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    I think that I've clicked on so many ES links before that I don't even bother with it anymore because I know exactly what to expect.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,305 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Hilarity!!
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Only time will tell.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,749 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    I think they will be okay. Best in the NFL? Naw, I can't go there. I think Tennessee, Miami, and Carolina are among the top 5 and so is Denver. I don't think Washington is top 5.

I'd go...

1. Denver
    2. Carolina
    3. Tennessee
    4. Miami
    5. Minnesota
  7. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,616 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    So a rookie and a guy coming off a season long injury are supposed to be the best in the NFL? How about the two guys in Baltimore?
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ware and Spencer

Let's dance, baby.
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,724 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Best bookend tackles in the NFL - Samuels and Janson.

Oh, wait, this is 2010.:lmao2: Samuels is retired and Janson is with the Lions, I think.

Now, their bookend tackles are some rookie who never played a snap in the NFL and another guy who hasn't played in two years:lmao2:
  10. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Amazing isn't it... Geez!!! Williams is a ROOKIE and hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Unbelievable!!!!!:rolleyes:
  11. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,598 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Yep, a rookie will be a bookend Tackle. :rolleyes:

I'll put money on Doug Free being one of the better Tackles in the league this year.
  12. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,106 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Jammal Brown isn't even a top 5 offensive tackle and with questions about his health, this makes no sense to me.

3JACK
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Get used to it.

Shefter is going to shill for Shannahan the way mortensen does parcells.

They both take care of each other. Between shefter at espn and lombardi at nfl network the portrayal of the redskins in the coming weeks is going to be might skewed.

I insist by the time we get to week 1 people are going to be calling them the best team. They are going to score points in the preseason and it is going to make the local dc media nuts and these two national shills shefter/lombardi for their buddies shannahan and allen to lose their minds.
  14. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,260 Messages
    566 Likes Received

Shefter was pretty legit with NFL Network.

Since joining ESPN...........prototypical hack.

ESPN is a third world reality show at its worst. Period.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,398 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Think I'll wait till Williams plays a down before chisling his Canton statue.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,511 Messages
    6,259 Likes Received
    IIRC, his gig before NFLN was in Denver covering the Broncos.
  17. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LQTM.
  18. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,921 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    using that logic...since Dallas drafted the BEST WR in the draft...and we had the leading WR in yards last year in the NFC (can't remember if it was also the NFL)....does that mean we have the best WRs in the NFL? Which would be ironic to me...because I thought I read in Mosley'c column that we only have the THIRD best WR corps in the NFC East. Don't Mosely AND Adam Scheffter BOTH work at ESPN. Can you get a more twisted persepective on these things from guys who work for the same network and are fancied as NFL EXPERTS.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,503 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    wow, ********, they were a distant 4th best in the division last year and close to the worst in the league. Sure Brown and Williams are upgrades but it still leaves them....about 4th best in the division....and BTW...Williams is not going to be very good IMO.
    Couple all that with having to face Ware and Spencer....they'll get eaten alive. McNabb doesn't scare me in the least...we figured him out and have owned him for some time now. Take away Desean Jackson and Celek and he's not scary at all. If Philly was willing to trade him to a rival, they know he's about done. I think McNabb is going to have a hard time not playing in Reid's super QB-friendly system.
  20. brymatt94

brymatt94 Active Member

453 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Shefter lost all credibility when he went to espn.