1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Schwartz and Schiano fired

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by viman96, Dec 30, 2013.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,532 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    Two more fall on Black Monday
  2. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,959 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Yep and we're still stuck with Garrett!
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,840 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    the first to fall are the cowboy fans

because garrett is staying
  4. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,032 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Schwartz has an offense and a defense (line) and they suck. I think he lost the team. And we have garrett
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Schiano is a clown. Glad to see that fool get canned. I know an NFL player who started camp with the Bucs and he said he was glad that he was released.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    He's also stuck with Stafford, who is almost the exact same as Romo in terms of putting up huge numbers and having immense talent but making bad mistakes at the wrong time consistently.
  7. visionary

7,840 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received

the problem is that the "players like Garrett" proponents ignore that leadership is not about "like" but about respect
  8. casmith07

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Schiano was not respected in that locker room.
  9. visionary

7,840 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received

i will take your word for it since i dont know anybody directly involved and you do

will say that many times it takes a while for a young coach or even a 'younger' to build that respect and many times it is hindsight in which that respect is earned
    many many individal agendas are trampled in building a team and most of htose players dont like the coach

that is often meaningless and expected

if the players 'like' you, that is many times a red flag as in the case of wade or garrett

a great example of this is coughlin, the giants layers hated him initially, 2 SBs later, they respect him
  10. casmith07

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Respect is earned in different ways. You can be liked and respected. Read the words that players like Witten are saying about Jason Garrett. See the emotion on their faces when they beat the Redskins.

These players respect Jason. The players in Tampa not only didn't respect Schiano, they didn't like him. And they quit on him like our guys quit on Wade.
  11. casmith07

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    My guy doesn't play for Tampa, obviously, but when I talked to him when he re-signed with another club he was happy to still have a job in tbe league but even happier that it wasn't with Tampa.

And he said the players would've moved mountains for Raheem Morris...that firing/hiring lost the locker room in Tampa from day 1.
  12. casmith07

27,565 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Unrelated, but he also expected good things from the Cowboys D when we hired Fat Rob. And said that Jerome Henderson was one of the best coaches he'd ever had the chance of meeting.
  13. visionary

7,840 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    thanx for making my point
    how did the whole raheem morris thing turn out again?

"liking" and saying you will or would do something for someone are worth zilch

what you actually do is what counts, the rest is just fluff

this is exactly what is going on in the cowboys locker room with garrett