1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Scott Shanle and Scott Fujita

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by big dog cowboy, Jan 1, 2007.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,285 Messages
    3,603 Likes Received
    According to NFL.com, Scott Shanle had 73 solo tackles this year. The leading tackler for the Cowboys was Henry with 73.

Scott Fujita is listed #2 for the Saints at 64 solo tackles. The Cowboys #2 is listed as Bradie James and Akin Ayodele at 64 solo tackles.

So the guys who weren't good enough for our D seem to have done alright in New Orleans for Sean Peyton.
  2. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But that can't be beacuse of the coaching can it? :bang2:
  3. Deputy493

Deputy493 New Member

485 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't forget T. Copper who all of a sudden is a pretty good WR to go along with his special teams play.
  4. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,890 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Those guys aren't as great as it seems, especially if you watch NO's defense...which is pretty bad. We miss Shanle because he would take Burnett's spot in the nickel. He's a good cover guy who blitzes well and since Burnett and James suck at both, we really miss him in the nickel. We could use him in the 3-4 as well, but he's bad against the run and I don't think Parcells would be too keen on that. Fujita was nice as a backup here, but when he became the starter he was bad. He may be better suited in the 3-4 as an ILB than a LOLB. I'm not for the 4-3, but if we did have these guys then the 4-3 would be better for us since they are better suited for that scheme.

YAKUZA
  5. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    saints fans been complaining about copper most of the season.
    you pick the wrong bandwagons to pile on.
  6. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,890 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Comparing tackles in the 4-3 vs. a 3-4 defense is a bit unfair because you have more LB's so more guys have a chance to make tackles. Especially in Ayodele's case since he usually doesn't play on 3rd downs. And New Orleans' defense is no great shakes either.

YAKUZA
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,510 Messages
    4,746 Likes Received
    I agree.

Fujita has been okay. But we did make a mistake with Shanle. Fowler did a terrible job in goalline and the nickel trying to replace him.
  8. EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy New Member

940 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As they say, somebody has to make the tackles.

As for Copper, he had a couple pretty bad drops....one that lost them a game, if i recall.
  9. Deputy493

Deputy493 New Member

485 Messages
    0 Likes Received

really?

Everytime I have watched the Saints he has been rather productive.
  10. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,772 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    You know who seemed to blitz well up the middle? Carpenter. It was one of the first times I've seen an ILB make it to the QB up the middle (though he may have been playing OLB in the 4-3 at the time, which isn't all that different).

That's another problem with losing Ellis. I think Parcells wanted Carp to eventually take James' place at ILB. If he didn't, he should have wanted it.
  11. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Fuji wasn't needed and Shanle would have been riding the bench all season. Only reason he ever got to play was injuries.
  12. Munchis

Munchis New Member

245 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Scott Shanle is an animal and makes plays every time he's on the field. We should have never traded him to NO, we aren't even getting near equal value in return with a 4th round pick.

Jerry Jones needs to make wholesale changes.....starting in the front office for poor roster management.

Munchis.....Out!!!
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,253 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    they are being coached by the same guys who coached him here but nice try....
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    James came free on a blitz vs Philly but Garcia just side stepped him.
  15. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,772 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Yeah, I recall a couple times James has actually made it past the LOS. That's why I said "one of the ... times." Still, James is much too slow to be consistent at blitzing. Some people just can't blitz. James is one of those people.

Even the sun shines on a dog's arse some days.
  16. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,066 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    Nors strikes again.
  17. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,427 Messages
    765 Likes Received
    :lmao: This I agree with. He's definitely nothing special.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,427 Messages
    765 Likes Received
    Total lack of agility. :puke:
  19. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,767 Messages
    1,607 Likes Received
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzactly......
  20. St. Diehard

St. Diehard New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How do you figure? New Orleans is 11th in yards allowed and 13th in points allowed.

Fujita had a great year at SLB in a 4-3 for which I guess he's better suited. He had to be in the top half of strongside backers this season. Perhaps not a dominating influence, but surely just below.

Shanle has been solid, if unspectacular, at WLB. Also a 4-3 guy, obviously.

It's a 7th rounder, I believe.
    http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/35
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_playerTracker.cfm?positionGroup=Linebackers