1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Scottie Hazleton rumored for Monte's staff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 11, 2013.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Cowboys have Eberflus under contract, so if they want to keep him there's nothing St. Louis can do about it.

Besides, I'm not sure how much power Ryan will have to hire assistants in St. Louis. This isn't Dallas where he's given free reign to run the defense however he wants while Garrett runs the offense. He's working under a defensive minded head coach who has already had a defensive staff in place for the last year. I'm not even sure where Ryan ranks in the pecking order of the defensive voices in the room, because there's Fisher and Fisher's long time right hand man Dave McGinnis and NFL vet currently titled "Assistant Head Coach".
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bow:
  3. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Prove it.
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    You can pretty much kiss all these defensive assistants goodbye. Most if not all of them will follow Rob Ryan to the Rams.

Do we play the Rams this year? God I hope not.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,756 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I'm not sure how good of a LB coach we have matters when you have a guy like Lee on your team. Plus this guy is comfortable and knows the defense so why not.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Interesting, I didn't know this.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gus Bradly who they took from North Dakota State
  8. DOUBLE WING

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Nobody thought he was awful. They hired him away from USC after he coached one of the best LB cores in school history in Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga and Keith Rivers.
  9. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    and Clay Matthews.
  10. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...JUST reported Bradley is in Philly today interviewing for eagles job....also Darrel Bevell is in Chicago interviewing for Bears job; wouldn't be happy if I was Seattle. Distractions....
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Uhhh ... no.

Joe Barry came to USC in January 2010 with the Kiffins. He's been Kiffins LB coach and right hand man dating back to the dawn of time.

Cushing, Maualuga, Matthews, and Rivers played their entire careers under Carroll. Cushing, Maualuga and Matthews were drafted in 2009 NFL Draft. Rivers in the 2008 NFL Draft.

It's amazing you didn't know this, being such a connoisseur of USC linebackers.
  12. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,390 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  13. bounce

bounce Active Member

613 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    So, honest question - do you guys really hold a lot of opinions on college level positional coaches and their abilities -- or do you hear a name you've never heard of, type it into wikipedia real quick, and come back and say "not impressed..."?
  14. DOUBLE WING

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    You're right. It was early and I was thinking of someone else. Barry is actually rumored to go back to USC at DC.

The point I never got to make was I don't like the argument that someone else just because another coach had success making the same jump, that it means this guy will. I'd rather judge them individually on their own merits. It's the same to me as the "I don't want to draft a quarterback from xxx college, because the last QB to come from there was terrible."
  15. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I loved what Eberflus did with Lee, Carter, and Spencer. He was probably the best coach we had these past 2 years.

So naturally Jerry is going to get rid of him.