1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Scout’s Notebook: Broaddus Wraps Up 2013 NFL Combine

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Feb 26, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,991 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    I have always believed that the most important part of the Combine is the medical information that teams gather from their doctors and trainers. Just remember that the health of these players is more important than how fast they run the 40 yard dash. Maybe the folks at Utah had an idea that Star Lotuleilei had a heart condition but until this week, the NFL didn’t. He is a top five player on many boards, let’s see if that still is the case.

Did the performance of offensive tackle Eric Fisher this week put him ahead of Luke Joeckel on some teams draft board? In the games I was able to study pre Combine, I thought it was very close between the two players and I was looking to this Combine to settle some of the questions that I had. The strength numbers were identical as was the vertical jump. Where Joeckel was better was on the three cone drill but Fisher ran a better 40 and 20 shuttle. What I was very interested in were those strength numbers because there were times on tape where Joeckel didn’t play as strong like in the Florida game. I still believe it will still be very close between these two who sits higher on that final draft board and right now on my board, that would be Fisher.

If there are questions at offensive tackle, there are the same questions at guard. I am not surprised that Jonathan Cooper had the type of Combine that he did. He is clearly a better athlete on tape and scouts fall in love with that type of ability. The fact that he took some reps during the drills at center planted a nice seed in scout’s minds that there could be some position flex with him if you select him. Chance Warmack is an old school guard that is a mauler, brawler which will not show up during a Combine but like the Joeckel and Fisher debate, will teams have Cooper over Warmack? In my mind I really do believe there are more things that you can do with Cooper and that is why I give him the nod over Warmack.

Would Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett consider offensive tackle Lane Johnson over a guard, defensive tackle or safety on the board at 18 if he was there?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...261?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter