1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Scouting Report: Leonard Williams, USC

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, May 31, 2014.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Position: Defensive Line | Height: 6042 | Weight: 295 | Forty: 4.75 | Class: 2016

Hometown: Daytona Beach, FL | Year: Junior | Dob: 6/20/94 | Projection: 1st Round | Player Comparison: Trevor Pryce

PROS

• One of the impressive combinations of size, speed and quickness of any prospect in the nation. Three-year starter
    • Tremendous sideline-to-sideline range; direct in pursuit; disruptive in the backfield. Accumulated 75 tackles as a sophomore (All-American Selection) in a season he stated that he played at about 65% due to injury sustained at beginning of the season.
    • Hard-nosed player who gives consistent all-out effort. Has been heavily praised as a willing to learn, coachable player who possesses desire to get better.
    • Possesses the athleticism and versatility to fit 3-4 end or 4-3 tackle.
    CONS
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Outside of a franchise QB, this would be a dream come true type pick for the Cowboys next year.
  3. bodi

bodi Active Member

399 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I'd love him also

product excelled for defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin

but bet hes a top 5 pick
  4. bodi

bodi Active Member

399 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I like Shilique Calhoun MSU

Big, fast and physical are the traits defensive coaches covet in defensive ends at the pro level. That's why NFL scouts are already buzzing about the pro prospects of the Michigan State standout after watching him tally 7.5 sacks and 14 tackles for loss as a redshirt sophomore. Additionally, Calhoun recorded two forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries and an interception, while also adding three defensive touchdowns -- tied for most in the FBS in 2013.

Measuring 6-4, 257 pounds with long arms, Calhoun is a stout player at the point of attack, exhibiting brute strength and power on the edge. Although he flashes enough speed and quickness to get home on speed rushes, he is a street fighter adept at pummeling opponents with force. Thus, Calhoun is ideally suited to play left defensive end in a scheme that allows him to wreak havoc against the run or pass from the strong side.
  5. bodi

bodi Active Member

399 Messages
    54 Likes Received
  6. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,557 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Leonard is amazing to watch. He's strong, quick, agile...just overall powerful yet somehow smooth.

I know this is football blasphemy but he reminds me of a young Reggie White.
    Rhubarb and waving monkey like this.
  7. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,298 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Yea he's a stud. Some real quality DL that could come out next year Williams, Gregory and Calhoun should be near the top.