1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: Scout's Eye: Arkin Impresses Again; Dunbar, Tanney & More

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Aug 18, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

19,610 Messages
    6,130 Likes Received
    • There was no question of the improvement of David Arkin from this season to what we have seen the last two from him in training camp. I had honestly given up on Arkin, which is a cardinal sin for a personnel man, especially at offensive line because I just had not seen the strength and technique development and I was prepared to move on but I was wrong.
      Arkin was not perfect and was actually poor on two plays where he looked like the player of old. He was over extended and off balance and when he plays that way, he is no good to this line. During this game, he drew Arizona's best defensive linemen, Calais Campbell and was able to play him to a draw. Arkin's hands and feet worked very well together and he didn't put himself in difficult positions to block. He was able to work with both Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith to pass stunts or to help when uncovered. In the running game, he had some good fits but still plays on the edge at times too which he will need to clean up.

What David Arkin has shown in this camp that he does have the flexibility to play either guard spot in a backup role and be dependable. Ronald Leary and Mackenzy Bernadeau are better players and should start over Arkin but the days of questioning why he still is on this team will no longer be asked by me.
    • If you ask me of a rookie that has come into camp and appears to be ready to play right now, I would be caught between Travis Frederick andDeVonte Holloman.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...ey--More/a3bcdd5c-8f2c-41f1-b05a-c0c2cb3d2f79

2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

19,610 Messages
    6,130 Likes Received
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

19,610 Messages
    6,130 Likes Received
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

19,610 Messages
    6,130 Likes Received
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

19,610 Messages
    6,130 Likes Received
  6. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

5,203 Messages
    2,513 Likes Received
    I have to admit that I'd given up on Arkin also. I want him on the roster now.

7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

19,610 Messages
    6,130 Likes Received
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,795 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    Almost like he read the board and talked about every issue here.

Would like to know how Berny is better than Arkin at this point cause I'm all of a sudden having a problem seeing it. As for Escobar, we will really have to run more 12 for the pick to make sense, and right now we haven't seen very much of it. The thinking of us 'hiding' it doesn't make sense only cause if its our new base, we have to practice it before the opener.

9. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

4,830 Messages
    4,155 Likes Received
    Me too. Arkin took on Calais Campbell and did a good job for goodness sake, not Pee Wee Herman. Berny still has too many Chinese Fire Drill moments for my taste.

RoboQB likes this.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

63,220 Messages
    15,502 Likes Received
    That is going to leave a mark with some members here.

11. keds

keds Active Member

423 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    He may need another year to refine his game and gain more strength

12. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Staff Member

47,208 Messages
    9,619 Likes Received
    I don't know BD. Not going to faze many of them because what does Broaddus know compared to their agenda I mean knowledge. :cool: