1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Scouts take on Ealy from Cowboys nation

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Feb 1, 2014.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    CN: I didn't see Kony Ealy in this top 20. Where do you rate him?

TD: I watched him against Greg Robinson this week, and he disappointed me. I'm going to have to watch more tape on him this coming week. He didn't play the run nearly as well as I wanted him to. Not saying he went against Robinson every time, but when he played against Auburn, sometimes you start thinking more than playing against their run game, so I want to be fair, but I soured on him a bit. Right now, I'd take Trent Murphy over him, but I'm giving him a second look.

CN: You're not alone in being a bit skeptical. He was the flavor of the week a couple of weeks ago. He was linked to Dallas in a lot of early mocks, so I did more research on him and where he rated and I was surprised. One mock will put him in the top 12, and another will put him down around pick 27 or 28. There's no consensus on him right now. He looks like a solid 1st rounder, but it's not clear where in the 1st he could land.

TD: He's got some talent. There's no doubt about that. I just have some reservations right now. That's all.

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2014/01/cowboys-2014-draft-chat-part-15-senior.html
  2. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,593 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Is said this before and I will say it again, if for some miracle Greg Robinson is there when we pick and Jerry doesn't pick him then he is a bigger fool than I thought. You can put him at guard if you want until Free's contract runs out. This guy is a stud and is rated #2 overall in Todd McShay's top 32. Need to protect your biggest investment in Romo.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    Don't worry, it's not something you will have to worry Jerry will screw up. Robinson probably won't make it out of the top 7 or 8.

As far as Ealy.....he's just ok for me. I see a ton of potential, but he's definitely raw and will take some work. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him if he's bpa after a trade down but I'm not sure he's worth the 16th/17th pick
  4. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Robinson is far more likely to go number 1 overall than to fall to 16.
    He is a very rare talent.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Aaron Donald is my personal choice if there at 16/17
    mcompact likes this.
  6. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    I think in the end, Ealy will drop and guys like Ford, who were originally forecast to go later, will slide in front of him. I think the best pass rushing talent in this draft is at DT though, easily.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,698 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    This "TD" is going to be disappointed with most DEs that go against Greg Robinson, especially in the running game.
    tm1119 likes this.
  8. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Kony Ealy is the best DE after Clowney imo, he is well worth the pick at 16/17, in fact i'd take him over Donald all day every day.
  9. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    Trade back a few spots, pick up another pick, and then select BPA. If that happens to be Ealy then so be it.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Donald all day...
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Michael Sam is the better Missouri Tiger.
  12. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,349 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    not even close .