1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: SD LB Donnie Edwards re: Julius on NFL Network Chargers cam

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 9, 2005.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,304 Messages
    3,181 Likes Received
    Wasn't paying close attention, but basically he started off talking about how great Julius is and then said they're going to TRY (his emphasis, not mine) to bottle him up and make him run east-west versus north-south.

Also added Gates is playing Witten on the scout team, so feels that has helped them in preparing for Witten.
  2. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Should be a good game. Hopefully if they do both those things the Cowboys can manage to air it out.
  3. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,051 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Who cares? The game will be played on Sunday. At that time, both teams must walk the walk.
  4. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,649 Messages
    9 Likes Received

I think Julius has shown great technique and learned a lot from our coaching staff. The chargers may have success against our o-line but JJ will keep running north and south. If we can ever get the screen pass to work I think JJ would rate as a top 5 back in only his 2nd season and just as dangerous as LT.
    As for practicing against Gates, I think SD plain and simple has a lack of talent in their secondary and they are not going to match up well against Witten. Combine that with their lack of pass rush and that the preseason game plan hid how we are plannng to use Witten and I think Jason is going to have a big game.
  5. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,051 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Two words:

LARRY ALLEN
  6. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    When we run a play-fake to Julius into the line, and they WILL bite, look for Witten to break off his route while Julius continues downfield into a totally vacated centerfield. now, where you would have had Witten in the open field you've got JJ to deal with, and good luck fellas!!!