1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Complete NFL Draft V1.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I only do two of these leading up to the draft, the first one is typically a warm up.

I don't project trades in detail, if a team has a selection of a player that seems a little high or little low you will see a "Projected Trade Up/Down" note under the selection.

Feedback appreciated:

http://www.draftdebacled.com/publisheddraft.aspx?mdid=28691
  2. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,468 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I'm surprised with our Kirkpatrick but I'd still be happy. I think we're in a very good position this draft
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I think Carolina likes Brockers a little more than Poe.
  4. DBOY3141

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    If we can't trade down with Tenn. Hopefully we go with Cox over Kirkpatrick.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,189 Messages
    3,016 Likes Received

I'm confused on the draftdebacled trades. Did the Boys trades down and pick Kirkpatrick or did another team get #14 and draft Kirkpatrick?
  6. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,039 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    I think it means we traded down and picked up Dre.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    1,656 Likes Received
    Yeah.
    I'm assuming he has the Titans trading up to our spot to grab Ingram and then us getting Dre at 20.
    he also has the Broncos trading up to 18 to get Brockers while the Chargers grab Perry at 25.
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Traded down to take Kirkpatrick.
  9. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Not my ideal pick but I really believe Dallas will trade down in this draft and pinpoint Kirkpatrick, Upshaw or the remaining of Cox, Brockers, Poe and Whitney then sprinkle a little Konz in there.

IMO, one of those 7 guys will be a Cowboy, just not at 14. You can assume One or Two of Cox, Brockers, Poe and Whitney will be gone which really makes it a 5 horse race all with value lower then that 14th pick.
  10. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,664 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Are you hearing stuff on Dallas' interest in Kirkpatrick?

I would assume based on what I've read that they are checking him out but are more likely to go with a pressure player with the first pick, especially if DeCastro is gone. (Not sure they would take DeCastro even if he's there over a pass rusher.)
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think either Kirkpatrick or Upshaw are strong possibilities. Your not going to hear a lot about them from Dallas. They can learn all they want with out tipping off the league. Don't underestimate Garrett's connection with Saban.

As far as the pass rushers, I don't get the feeling Dallas favors one greatly over another which makes that spot at #14 so fluid.
  12. DBOY3141

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I hope a trade down would be for Konz and not Kirkpatrick. If that's the case then I see Jenkins being gone next year. I don't think Kirkpatrick can be a FS. Doesn't look like he likes to tackle.
  13. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,664 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Upshaw would make more sense to me. Linebacker is the premium position in this defense, and even though we added one on the cheap, we've done more to address the secondary, esp. at corner, in FA.

Of course, you can never have enough corners, but I think now Dallas is more interested in getting more pressure on the QB than adding to their nickel and dime defenses.

We still need help in the secondary IMO, at safety, but I just think pass rush is the priority.
  14. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,768 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    No thanks to Kirkpatrick.
  15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,996 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    If Jenkins' should is right and he plays like he did last year, we'd be foolish to let him get away
  16. DBOY3141

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Can we pay 2 corners 10 million each. Jenkins is going to want that, if he can come back and put in a good year. Say he goes to the pro bowl. That would be 2 in 4 years. Someone will pay him 10 million.
  17. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I don't have any hardcore evidence but I get the feeling the Cowboys won't go all out to bring Jenkins back unless he really puts on a show this year. The same old, same old is likely going to be his ticket out of here.
  18. woods74

woods74 Member

40 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thx SDogo your info is one of the main reasons I continue to visit the DraftZone..great info...

I am surprised at the Dre pick especially with the big money in Carr and the huge need on OL and DL..

Upshaw scares me a looks like Spencer 2.0, but I am sure the Saban connection will influence Garett...

I would love a trade down for an extra 3rd and Whitney....

Cox/Poe will be long gone by 20s for sure too much upside!

Thx again!
  19. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,650 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Dont like seeing the eagles getting Cox. Although they always emphasize both lines in round one so makes sense. Seeing Mercilus fall so far is surprising. I was thinking him a top candidate at 14 for Dallas to address pass rush.
  20. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm really waiting for picks 7-11 to start coming into focus.

Ideally, we trade down and take Konz or Whitney. I believe Cox will be gone. Really don't believe there is great interest in Ingram.

It basically leaves:

Konz
    Whitney
    Poe
    Brockers
    Upshaw
    Kirkpatrick

I'm not seeing Poe as a real option but he is in that group of DL projected around that area.

It only leaves Whitney who may be a reach at 14 and Brockers who may be gone as the only 2 options at DL IMO which is why I said what I did about picks 7-11. esp 9&11 because those are both teams that could target defensive lineman.