1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Mock Off Season V 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Jan 11, 2012.

1. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    clifton geathers...6'7, 300lbs...they grow those types of athletes on trees down there in geechee country. it's the reason south carolina and clemson constantly have the best looking teams coming off the bus. although he's never lived up to his potential and bloodlines he's still a project worth investing another year into.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Why is there a 12 year old girl in your sig line? :(
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao:

Anyways agree with pretty much everything except picking James in the 3rd round. Guy is a beast no doubt and will be an elite back, but we already have our back of the future in Murray and a solid backup in Jones. James is not needed here,
  4. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,846 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    SD: Great stuff. I love your draft and overall plan, for the most part. Your first four picks mirror mine, except I may go with Minnifield in round two. McClellin is a flat out stud, and if he's there in the fourth it will be the steal of the drlft. Bryan is a much better athlete and receiver than you give him credit for.
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    McClellin was my 6th round pick in my first mock, the 4th round pick in this mock and he will likely be the 3rd round pick in my next. To be honest, I would still pull the trigger.
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    SDogo, I don't think it is said enough just how appreciated your input is around here, especially pertaining to the this time of year. Agree with the picks or not, a very well put together analysis.

I have not done much research on the Boise State Linebacker. Why will he be available in the 4th if he reminds you of Lee (what "knock" would drop him down that far)? That is some high praise considering what we saw from Lee last season.

Thanks!
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    I don't necessarily consider it a poor grooming habit, but it makes me think about your priorities. Dreadlocks take a lot of time and maintenance...most professional men don't have that time.
  8. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Some of us don't have the hair! :)
  9. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

He is basically a DE at Boise St. There will be some growth into the OLB position. It's not saying he can't do it or has not been asked to do, it's just something that will need to be honed and worked on. He actually was required to drop into coverage a lot but and showed he is athletic enough to do it but when it was required Boise St really limited his reads and responsibilities.

Your probably going to see some growing pains in his first year. He is not ready to take the field as a OLB in a 3-4 from day 1 and will probably only see limited duties in his 1st year. His ceiling and skill set will cause him to get drafted a little higher then he really should go but it's one of those cases you pay a little now for a lot later.

He won't need massive growth in the weight room that most rookies require. He's a weight room junkie with a very strong upper body.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received

our desperate need in the front 7 is a guy the offenses fear. right now they only fear Ware as regards pass rush. You think this kid can be our JPP?
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    Tanner never got any carries in the regular season, so how could we know? I'm not saying he's going to be a stud, but we don't need to be tinkering with our 3rd RB with all the other holes on this team. He'll be solid.

Rainey and James are virtually the same size...James has about 10 lbs. They are the same height. Not to mention the fact that in the NFL they would be vritually the same back, so idk why he wouldn't want Rainey as a speed back but would want James?
  12. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    JPP is an athletic freak, I don't know if there is a player in his caliber at all in this draft but I do believe McClellin is a 10 sacks a year guy who if used right could grow on that number.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    One thing I like is Grubbs. I have the same viewpoint on it. He's as good as Nicks and probably comes cheaper.
  14. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    kirkpatrick can run around with pubic hairs on his head for all i care, lol..
  15. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really do not want Spencer back but that is me.

On the guards i was hoping to move kosier to backup status because Holland has been just as injury prone. I just trust kosier more
  16. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,846 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I dunno. Grubbs will be a much easier tag than Nicks.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,646 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    I like this guy. I see similar skills to Romo but more mobile. What do you think his upside is SDogo?
  18. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    In all fairness, he does have the Cowboys signing CB Ladarius Webb from Baltimore, who would most likely start opposite Jenkins, and he is only 26. That would leave Boykin and Scandrick to the slots. Plus Boykin is a very dynamic returner, something that we sorely need. The way I look at it, Boykin >>>> Ball, so its a win.
  19. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. He is a hard runner, a try-hard type player, but not sure he is a NFL caliber RB. The key for a RB is slow to the line, explode through the hole. Murray does it well; Tanner does not wait for the hole to develop - he just explodes at the snap.

My problem with LeMarcus James, is he willing to play ST. The 3rd RB has to play a majority of the coverage teams and given James prolific college resume, and the emergence of Darren Sprowles as small jack-of-all trades type offensive weapon (running game, passing game and returner) - I can't imagine James wanting to run down on ST and tackle anyone.

That is total my guess, I have no insider knowledge.
  20. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    That's the same question a lot of scouts are asking. He can make all the throws, he's athletic and adds another dimension. His accuracy is under rated.

The only question about him is his ability to digest a NFL playbook and read defenses. NI really limited what they asked him to do, the offense was very QB friendly.

I would expect all kinds of things to be thrown at him during the draft process to try and get a gauge on this kids aptitude.