1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Mock V 3.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 17, 2011.

  1. SDogo

    SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

    13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    ROUND 1.9
    Tyron Smith | OT | USC
    [IMG]
    Dallas enters the draft with specific needs to fill at OL, FS and DE as well as to find depth at RB, WR and CB. As it stands right now there are 3 scenario's it seems the Cowboys will go. I give it a 10% chance the Cowboys will trade up for Patrick Peterson and only a 10% chance because I dont believe he will make it past 5 but if he does that percentage goe sup greatly. 45% chance the Cowboys stay at 9 and take Tyron Smith if he is there and a 45% chance (and growing) the Cowboys trade back and take the top OT on the board. I don't like predicting trades so I'm going with Tyron Smith at 9. He is the smart pick and the right pick. At only 20 years old the NFL has not seen a ceiling like his in sometime and while he surely will have growing pains in his first year it's likely in 15 when he is still only 35 years old no one will remember. This move solidifies the RT spot and gives the Cowboys insurance should they have contract issues with Doug Free.

    SEE THE REST HERE

    http://itiscowboys.blogspot.com/2011/04/cowboys-mock-v30-wanalysis.html
  2. NeonDeion21

    NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

    2,127 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Love it and sign me up. I really like purr later round picks such as Noel and McElroy.
  3. Sonny Koufax

    Sonny Koufax Member

    238 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    SDogo
    I would LOVE this draft! Can you send a copy to Jerry so he can keep it close to him when it's time to make a pic?
  4. BrAinPaiNt

    BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

    61,313 Messages
    4,645 Likes Received
    Wild thing, I think I love you. :laugh2:
  5. jblaze2004

    jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

    8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    for some reason rahim moore is not sitting too well for me in the 2nd round unless we trade down in the 2nd.
    Idk know if its the lack of his size, speed and physicalness or what.

    :confused:
  6. Dash28

    Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

    7,048 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Would be a great draft.
  7. NeonDeion21

    NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

    2,127 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    At this point with the safety position I have seen too many projects for my liking such as AOA and Ball. I want production that will translate into the pros. Moore's 10 INT's his junior year wasn't a fluke.
  8. cowboyjoe

    cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

    28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Love that mock, :D
  9. fishspill

    fishspill Well-Known Member

    1,123 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    For a guy that had 10 picks in a year, I'm not too hot him either. I haven't seen a Wow! from him, but I don't scout either. Maybe he's got lots of those. But right now I'm going with no thanks.

    Like Ellis and Smith a lot. The rest, not my cup of tea. SDogo does a lot more work on this than I do. So it's probably on me, not him.
  10. NeonDeion21

    NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

    2,127 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Typing from an iPad is the worst sometimes. Dumb autocorrect.
  11. UnoDallas

    UnoDallas Benched

    5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not big on Devine

    but I love the Carter pick

    nice work
  12. TheCount

    TheCount Pixel Pusher

    21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    I'd take that in a heartbeat.

    But seriously, the shirtless pick of Tyron? Come on man. :laugh2: :laugh2:
  13. SDogo

    SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

    13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

    I cant believe it took this long for someone to say something!:D
  14. SDogo

    SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

    13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No, it's fair. He has his question marks no doubt. I think even in last year class he would still about grade out the same. This years class is so darn weak is an obvious top talent. I would prefer Aaron Williams in that slot but I don't see him being there.

    Really it came down to Moore or going back to the offensive line.

    I'm still not 100% sold on the pick myself but I do know the Cowboys like the kid a great deal.
  15. SDogo

    SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

    13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

    Devine is guilty pleasure. I would be surprised if he is still there in my final mock.

    I'm still working out some of the later rounds.
  16. casmith07

    casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

    27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Stamp it, SDogo. I love it.
  17. TheCount

    TheCount Pixel Pusher

    21,293 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    I'll forgive you this time.

    The mock really is awesome btw, still reading it. The only pick I have a problem with is Van Dyke as I don't think his play has warranted anything but a late pick.

    Also unsure how Moore and Huff would work in the secondary, Huff is not a very good SS and flourished when moved back to FS. Not sure Moore can play SS.
  18. SDogo

    SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

    13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Late, late riser. He also put on a show for the Cowboys.

    I agree, I think he is more of a 6th or early 7th round prospect but I feel we are the minority here. I know some teams that "say" they have him graded out 2nd or 3rd and others who view him as a 7th to UDFA.

    I based the 5th round value off of what I believe is a strong interest on the Cowboys part and a settling point for his value.
  19. SDogo

    SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

    13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    To be honest with you, I probably agree and I also believe if they draft a FS they will make every effort to resign Gerald. I think that may be their plan anyways.

    Matter of fact I'm not so certain if we would of had free agency we would not be wasting our time discussing safeties at all.
  20. casmith07

    casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

    27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    I (just like you, likely) have it on pretty good authority that resigning Sensabaugh rates pretty high up there.

Share This Page