1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SDogo Mock V 3.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 17, 2011.

1. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,019 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Is that really a shirtless pic of Tyron Smith?

If it is, thats insane. I thought that was a pic of Adrian Peterson at first. He's ripped!
  2. casmith07

casmith07 #TeamJerry

25,429 Messages
    963 Likes Received
    Yeah that's him.
  3. fishspill

fishspill Member

912 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    If we get him, let's hope they're right and we're wrong!
  4. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well done, SDogo. Excellent mock. If I'm dreaming, I replace Cecil Shorts with Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones and replace Devine with Portland State TE Julius Thomas. Other than that swap of my small-school pet cats, this is perfect. One of these, please, Jerry...
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Love, Love, Love Thomas!

I'm not sure an area the Cowboys are looking but they should. He can create matchup nightmares at TE or split out.

He's a project no doubt but he will get by early on his size and athletic ability. He can add a whole new dimension to any offense.

As far as Jones, I think he is going to go a lot earlier then the 5th round I can't see the Cowboys looking Rb before then unless one of the top 4 fall.

He has been growing on me late but he's getting hot at the right time and is going to boost his stock out of reach for the Cowboys.
  6. fishspill

fishspill Member

912 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I have no inside knowledge. That said I can see TE being more of a priority than we think. Witten's got a lot of miles on him, Marty is solid but not as spectacular as was hoped (also contract, I think) and Phillips is coming off an injury.
  7. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed. Witten may be my favorite Cowboy, but he's at a point where we have to begin grooming his replacement. Bennett will never be that guy and Phillips' is coming off a serious injury. I really hope we snag Thomas (or Oordt) late.

I swapped out Jones for your fourth round pick, not fifth. I think scouts knew he was crazy fast before he proved it. Nobody is higher on Taiwan than I but I think his slight frame, small-school bias and injury history will keep him around early 4th. No doubt in my mind that guy will get on on NFL field early. Only question is how long he can stay on.

I liked your mock because of the offenseive/defensive balance. I know Ryan will get "his guys" on D. I'm most interested in what type of player Garrett targets on offense.
  8. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SoDog good job! TheCount I like your mock as well. You guys did your homework hopefully our staff has as well
  9. urface59

urface59 Active Member

1,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This would be a damn good draft :bow:

Question though, just how likely is it that moore will still be there at 40?
  10. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,542 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    The percentages you put on the 1st round pick are interesting. I don't claim to know what the best move would be with the 1st pick but I sure hope they do lol.
  11. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,508 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Love it except for the Moore pick. Not very high on him. Love the Carter and Mclory pick. Absolutely love those picks along with Smith. great job as usual.
  12. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,137 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    *Moore is dropping like a rock...it wouldn't surprise me if he drops to 3rd round.
  13. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,390 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    So that would be Huff, Moore, and Sensabaugh...............wht does that mean for AOA?

Try him out at CB? Or have u heard that they don't think he will be a player?
  14. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,828 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    1. tyron smith - love this pick, its my hope we grab him.

2. Rahim Moore - not a big fan here, i'd rather go DL(should be some good ones left as its real deep dl this year).

3. Ellis - really not sure he's there in 3, if he is i'm loving it.

4. Shorts - like this pick, but would prefer a cb

5. van dyke - great speed, poor game imo.

6. devine - not a fan of this pick, we need a power runner if as expected barber goes.

7. mcelroy - has no chance of unseating mcgee imo, wasted pick.

7b. carter - love this pick.