1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Sean Lee has been named NFC Defensive Player of the Month

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 31, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,481 Likes Received
    Hot_Toddy likes this.
  2. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Well deserved! Lee is a beast, hope he can continue to play at a high level and take the DPOY award.
    Hot_Toddy likes this.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,427 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    He's going to have to if this team wants any shot at being a contender.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,481 Likes Received
    Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 7m
    Here's how good Cowboys LB Sean Lee is: tied for league interception lead and Def Player of Month for NFL's No. 32 D

Gina Miller ‏@ThatSportsGirl 8m
    Cowboys LB Sean Lee wins NFC Defensive Player of the Month. It would have been a bigger story had he NOT won. He had 52 tax & 3 ints in Oct

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN 6m
    Sean Lee named NFC Defensive Player of the Month for Oct. Had 52 tackles, 3 Ints & broke up 4 passes. How bad would Dallas D be without him?
  5. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,018 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    A diamond among turds.
    Wheeltax and Everlastingxxx like this.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,557 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    Wow. I just wonder where he would be if the D line was better.
  7. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,607 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    good for him, he deserves it. how frustrating it must be to be the diamond amongst the pile of crap
  8. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    What a bizarre season to have someone playing the middle LB position at an MVP level on a defense that may be the worst in the history of this franchise.
    Duane likes this.
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I wonder where he would be if he had a DL in front of him or safeties behind him.

We really don't have much on D around him at all, so for him to get this award says alot for him.
  10. Deep_Freeze

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Maybe?!? It is the worse in franchise history at the moment.

Not bizarre to me though, the rest of the guys have sucked.
  11. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,966 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    You know, all those takeaways count too. We've given up 23.25 points per game, fewer than we did last year and 4 ppg fewer than we gave up in 2010. Don't get me wrong: it's a bad defense. It's just not the worst Cowboys defense. At least not yet.
    CowboyGil likes this.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,284 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    Cool for Lee.

Shame what should be a positive thread is spoiled by becoming another reason to complain about the defense. I guess for those of us who didn't know the defense was bad, it's helpful, though. Do those people really exist?
    Erik_H likes this.
  13. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    I actually think the defense is average.
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,214 Messages
    1,891 Likes Received
    If he stays healthy, he will be in the running for DPOY. Playing on a bad defense can help his cause as well, he stands out more. I am still not sure if he is better than Hatcher this season yet......we will know in 9 more weeks.
  15. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Finally, his efforts are recognized, he is the defensive leader on and off the field. YOU are the MAN MR LEE.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,284 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    Well, then this was probably a helpful thread. :) Just your plain ol' average turd with a diamond in it. That's what we've got.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,009 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    Great news for Lee. Finally showing the promise he flashed between injuries.

But I'll never forget the reaction on draft day when we picked him. Several better enjoy their crow.
  18. Deep_Freeze

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    You know, there is nothing wrong with pointing out both positive and negative aspects of the team. Sure it was the OL, and will probably come back again with the Waters injury, but the D has been a problem for a very, very long time yet has been ignored by alot of this board.

Its bout time people see what the real problem on this team has been. Its always said that you put a great OL on this team and it would be alot more successful.....whatever you put Seattle's D on this team and they would be 14-2. An OL won't do that at all, we desperately need to fix this D.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys might have the NFL’s 32nd-ranked defense, but linebacker Sean Lee is not at fault.

Lee was named the NFC’s Defensive Player of the Month for October on Thursday. In four games, the coaches credited Lee with 52 tackles, three tackles for loss, two pressures and four pass deflections. He also intercepted three passes.

[IMG]
    Lee

This is the second player of the month award for Lee. His first came in September 2011.

Lee had two interceptions in Dallas' 31-30 loss to the Detroit Lions on Sunday, the second two-pick game of his career. His first came on Dec. 5, 2010, against the Indianapolis Colts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4718432/sean-lee-wins-nfc-award
  20. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Lee has been outstanding since his somewhat sluggish start.

I hope this defense gets better in the second half of the season. I'm hoping, perhaps foolishly, that some of the struggles are related to learning a new defense. And perhaps, some of this can get corrected yet this year. Maybe that isn't going to be the case. But as a fan, I am going to remain positive the best I can.

So I guess I should apologize to our fan base for not just falling in line with the " they suck and will continue to suck" mantra.